I arrived at this hotel with a reservation and asked if I could have a room with two beds, as my mother-in-law was traveling with me. I was told by the front desk employee that they did have a room with two beds available and in fact, it was $16 LESS than the rate I reserved. I thanked her for the lower rate and headed to our room. When I checked out the next morning and received my receipt, the rate had not been reduced by $16. I told the front desk manager that I had been told the night before that the rate for two beds was lower. She then proceeded to tell me that the employee that checked me in was new and gave me incorrect information. I told her that I was expecting a reduction of $16 because I was promised that by her hotel, to which she refused. Instead, she and another front desk employee told me over and over and over that the employee was new and made a mistake. Again--not my problem! I told them they should honor the promise made to me but these two employees didn't "get it" when it comes to customer service, which is unfortunate.
Other than the poor front desk service upon checkout, this hotel was just OK. Very dated---old TV set, worn carpet, noisy A/C unit. Also, the shower was poor, as was the faucet on the sink--water barely came out of it. Also, would have been nice to have another bar of soap for the shower (there was only one small one given for the sink).
I've stayed at many, many Hampton's over the years and this is one of the more "tired"properties. Certainly over priced, but that may be all of Lake Havasu hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the place for your fun in sun Arizona vacation. The Hampton Inn is nestled next to Lake Havasu and is surrounded by restaurants, shopping and just down the street from the London Bridge. Located in Lake Havasu City, AZ., this tranquil setting offers spectacular views of the lake and surrounding mountain ranges. Plush with amenities and comfort, this Lake Havasu City hotel offers exceptional service and value. Whether you're touring the area for business or pleasure, you will be enchanted by this unique oasis in the desert. Bring your boat, bus or RV we have ample complimentary parking and hook-ups. Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet, Wi-Fi, business center, fitness center, outstanding customer service and so much more. Every one of our clean and fresh rooms feature a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee/tea maker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City Hotel Lake Havasu City
- Lake Havasu City Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City Arizona