“Very disappointed”

Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I arrived at this hotel with a reservation and asked if I could have a room with two beds, as my mother-in-law was traveling with me. I was told by the front desk employee that they did have a room with two beds available and in fact, it was $16 LESS than the rate I reserved. I thanked her for the lower rate and headed to our room. When I checked out the next morning and received my receipt, the rate had not been reduced by $16. I told the front desk manager that I had been told the night before that the rate for two beds was lower. She then proceeded to tell me that the employee that checked me in was new and gave me incorrect information. I told her that I was expecting a reduction of $16 because I was promised that by her hotel, to which she refused. Instead, she and another front desk employee told me over and over and over that the employee was new and made a mistake. Again--not my problem! I told them they should honor the promise made to me but these two employees didn't "get it" when it comes to customer service, which is unfortunate.

Other than the poor front desk service upon checkout, this hotel was just OK. Very dated---old TV set, worn carpet, noisy A/C unit. Also, the shower was poor, as was the faucet on the sink--water barely came out of it. Also, would have been nice to have another bar of soap for the shower (there was only one small one given for the sink).

I've stayed at many, many Hampton's over the years and this is one of the more "tired"properties. Certainly over priced, but that may be all of Lake Havasu hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 May 2010

Just stayed there over the Memorial Holiday, very friendly staff, clean, comfortable room, comfortable bed, had a room with a balcony and beautiful view. Room rate kinda high but we enjoyed our stay. Continential breakfast was OK for something to fill the tummy.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
EllenRT, Owner at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2010

Dear Guest -
Thank you for taking the time to write of the good experience you and your family had at the Hampton Inn Lake Havasu. It is always a pleasure to know when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2010

Don't understand all rave reviews about this hotel. The price of $171 was way too much - but perhaps not for Lake Havasu area?? Too our mind all we can say was it was average. Nothing wrong with it but just a slightly dated facility which does not compare with other hotels in the group.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2010

In town for a wedding. Found this hotel on line - I need a place that took pets and where I would get points on one of my many hotel club memberships. I called the hotel directly before making the reservation. Jerry was amazing he answered all my questions, gave me detail of the hotels location to the church and reception. Upon check in and out the hotel staff (Jerry check us in) was the best customer service and hospitality. Room was spacious comfortable. I travel 50% for work and THIS hotel gets A++ in service.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We are now quite familiar with Hampton Inns, and this ones met the usual standards. It is located within a mile (not walking distance) of London Bridge, which was the purpose for our one night stay. I would recommend paying a little extra for the Lake View Room. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, service was good, and breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We checked in without reservations on a road trip from the Grand canyon. It was a busy weekend with many Boaters arriving, but the Front Desk staff handled everyone with great speed.

We were only here for a night, enough to enjoy the Pool then clean up and sleep. We used the Air Conditioner Fan to drown out the highway noises, and slept very well. I liked the mattress well enough to look at the label.

Our room was very clean and well stocked with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, internet access, toiletries, alarm clock, etc.

We enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning before hitting the road again. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2010

My husband and I stayed 2 nights 4-6 March and on the second day drove to the West Rim of the Canyon and did the Sky Walk. Hotel was fine but the air conditioning in our room was really loud and kept me awake most of the night. We had a small view of the Lake but not much of a view really. Hotel staff were fine and breakfast more than adequate for our needs. Did the walk over London Bridge and surrounding area. Had dinner at a restaurant down the road called Chambons which was lovely. good shopping at Dillards and other stores.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple