“Service, comfort, up-to-Hilton standards - Perfect!”

Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We booked a week before the hot air balloon festival, didn't mind a rate a bit higher than we usually pay as frequent Hilton Honors guests. Considering the special event that would draw many visitors, we were fine with the rate. We expected the room amenities, breakfast, etc. would be up to Hampton standards, and they were. Front desk mgr Carol was cheerfully helpful with our request for husband's post-surgery sleeping needs. We were delightfully surprised by our spacious upgraded room with balcony, facing the lake. Loved watching the sunset. We like to walk, so the 1/4 mile to the Visitors Center & Bridge was perfect. Wonderful, friendly & accommodating staff, modern & clean hotel, fitness center of course, pool & hot tub, great weekend stay!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2011

Thank you for sharing comments about your stay, we are so glad you and your husband had a good time at the hotel, in (and above) Lake Havasu City. Carol is one of our best, and inspires everyone to deliver a higher quality guest experience to every guest, every day. Please let us know when you will be back, so we can thank you in person.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

Everything was quite fine - service, cleanliness, breakfast, check in, check out. Nice pool area and hot tub. Location - within a few blocks from London Bridge but we couldn't see it from the hotel. Nearby restaurant, within walking distance, Cha'Bones that we liked and ate at for three nights in a row.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments about us. We love what we do and want every guest to enjoy themselves during their visit. Cha’Bones is one of our favorite restaurants – they have great food and terrific service, too. We hope you will stay with us during your next trip to Lake Havasu City.

Reviewed 20 October 2010

We stayed here en route from Palm Springs to Grand Canyon as it is an ideal halfway stop off point if you don't want to drive all the way in one day. The hotel is ideally situated by the lake - we were fortunate to have a room at the back overlooking the lake, as the rooms at the front face the main road. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and our room was really big with a giantsized bed. We were on a flydrive holiday and all the other hotels we stayed in were room only 3-4+ star. This hotel is classed as 2+ star and it was the only hotel we stayed in where breakfast was included! We would recommend staying here - it is ideal for a couple of nights but not much to do in Lake Havasu for longer than this. Enjoyed seeing London Bridge!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments about your visit to Lake Havasu. We love what we do and work hard so that every guest can enjoy their stay with us as much as you did. The ‘star’ system usually designates how many services a hotel has – 2 stars means no restaurant or room service, among other things. We consistently earn top scores in other systems, such as 3 Diamonds from AAA. We hope to be able to thank you in person the next time you are driving through the area. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 5 October 2010

My husband and I spent our honeymoon here in July and I thought it was a very nice place. When we checked in, the man at the desk was a sweet heart and even upgraded us to a room with a lake view for no extra cost! So that saved us $20.
When we got to the room it was very nice. The bed was VERY comfortable.
The only little glitch was there was a small stain on the bottom sheet near the foot of the bed, but they smelt very clean so it didnt really bother us. The bath room was clean and the shower had good water pressure. The room was a nice size room, a little dated but nothing to wrote a negative review about.
Later in the evening I called the front desk to ask where a good place to eat was. I told him it was our honeymoon and he recommended a great place called Sha-Bones. it was about a block away from the hotel and it was really good. We even brought the front desk man an appitizer because he has been so helpful.
The breakfast was very nicely set up and the people working it were friendly.
All in all it was a very nice stay and my husband and I loved Lake Havasu City and we would deffinatly stay here at this hotel again.

I am also a front desk agent at a hotel in southern Arizona so I came to this hotel with high expectations and i was not dissapointed. very lovely and the London Bridge is deffinatly a sight to see!
This hotel was litterally down the street from the london bridge!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2010

Thanks for sharing your comments on TA - we feel quite honored that we did not disappoint a fellow hospitality professional! Jerry is one of our best, and I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of the team. Congratulations on your wedding and we hope you will stay with us again for your anniversaries and other special occasions.

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Our family has stayed in many Hampton Inn hotels, and most offer a good value - clean rooms with good beds, and a decent breakfast in the morning. This Hampton Inn was a GLARING exception. First, we noticed when we checked into the room - listed as standard size with a lake view - that the room was much smaller than usual. The desk had a work chair that completely blocked access to the far side of the bed and the window. We had to move the chair to the other side of the room just to get by. But BY FAR the biggest problem was cockroaches and bedbugs. First, my son woke up in the middle of the night screaming as a 3 inch cockroach crawled across his face. The next morning, there were large bugs crawling on the beds, up the walls, with dead bugs in the bathroom, just for good measure. We couldn't get there fast enough. The response of the hotel staff was to say that they were "doing everything we can", but "it is bug season".

Oh, and just to make the trip extra special, we asked the best way to London Bridge. The hotel staff said it was an easy 3 block walk. What he didn't tell us was that there was free and ample parking at London Bridge. My wife and 7 year old daughter got borderline heatstroke in the 110 degree-plus heat walking back to the hotel. Ahh, if heatstroke was going to be the extent of our problems at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank travelwithtwins30
KJacobsVPZMC, Owner at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of the Hampton Inn Lake Havasu. I am very sorry to learn of your discomfort during your stay and especially concerned that you encountered problems related to bugs. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and when for some reason we fail, we are very concerned.

I apologize that the staff member you spoke to did not take the necessary steps to either resolve your issue or to contact the General Manager to ensure your stay was satisfactory.

I am sorry you were not given more complete information about the London Bridge distance and facilities.

Our location at the edge of the desert makes the cooler, more humid environment inside the hotel attractive and comfortable to more than just us humans. We do have a comprehensive pest control program, which unfortunately is not 100% effective.

The information you have provided has been forwarded to the hotel management, so they can address these issues directly. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me or the hotel’s General Manager, Diane Harry.

Again, I offer my sincere apologies that you will give us another opportunity to be of service in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2010

Havasu can be a loud place to stay, with late-night revelers, and early morning boaters departing in their big diesel tow rigs. I have found it a little challenging to find a nice, clean, quiet, and reasonable place to stay on a regular basis. But I found it in the Hampton Inn Lake Havasu! Thank you! Quiet--plenty of wall insulation between you and your neighbors, good window quality and distance from parking lot. Friendly--everyone I have had contact with was courteous and professional, even when they were obviously extremely busy. Reasonable--you have to love a big cushy bed and a great breakfast included!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I arrived at this hotel with a reservation and asked if I could have a room with two beds, as my mother-in-law was traveling with me. I was told by the front desk employee that they did have a room with two beds available and in fact, it was $16 LESS than the rate I reserved. I thanked her for the lower rate and headed to our room. When I checked out the next morning and received my receipt, the rate had not been reduced by $16. I told the front desk manager that I had been told the night before that the rate for two beds was lower. She then proceeded to tell me that the employee that checked me in was new and gave me incorrect information. I told her that I was expecting a reduction of $16 because I was promised that by her hotel, to which she refused. Instead, she and another front desk employee told me over and over and over that the employee was new and made a mistake. Again--not my problem! I told them they should honor the promise made to me but these two employees didn't "get it" when it comes to customer service, which is unfortunate.

Other than the poor front desk service upon checkout, this hotel was just OK. Very dated---old TV set, worn carpet, noisy A/C unit. Also, the shower was poor, as was the faucet on the sink--water barely came out of it. Also, would have been nice to have another bar of soap for the shower (there was only one small one given for the sink).

I've stayed at many, many Hampton's over the years and this is one of the more "tired"properties. Certainly over priced, but that may be all of Lake Havasu hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business