“A Camelot in Lake Havasu City”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Lafayette, California
“A Camelot in Lake Havasu City”
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This inn is a wonderful jewel in Lake Havasu City. The management put us in a king suite which was recently painted and refurbished with new carpet. The room was impeccably clean and my kids loved the amount of space they had. The room had all the amenities you would normally find in a much more expensive hotel room: microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, ironing board, etc. My husband paritcularly loved the view of sparkling Lake Havasu right outside our balcony. It was seasonably hot in Lake Havasu City (around 120 degrees) and the front desk asked every call-in guest what time they expected to arrive so that they could make the room cool and comfortable for them upon arrival. Our room cost about half that of the other choicehotel inn in the area and I can't complain about anything: price or accommodations. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Didn't plan on staying here, but walked out of the other reservations I made and called Choice Hotels to find cost of their motels (www.choicehotels.com 800#) since they had a great spring promotion going. Most motels in Lake Havasu are grossly overpriced, and honestly I'm sorry I went to Lake Havasu (had been there before) this trip. I'd rather have gone to Page, AZ and stayed there instead. This motel was nice looking and those awnings were great against hot sun; the room was very nice, but it was the most I paid for a motel during my entire trip. For that price, there should have been a better breakfast! And no computer in the lobby for fear of it being stolen like another motel's computer had been. But I needed a microwave and refrigerator and theirs were very nice, and I enjoyed talking with the owner, and stayed there two nights. The indoor pool looked great but I didn't use it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Calgary
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Stayed here last week with my husband and young daughter. Upon entering the hotel, there is a very potent odour in the lobby and down the halls that seems to linger into the guest rooms. Carpets are filthy and blankets on the beds are tired and need to be replaced (like last year!) Only saw one employee (Manager) working the whole time we stayed. His just rolled out of bed appearance every day was not very professional . The breakfast was day old bread and some stale cereal. View of the lake was nice. Thats about all that was good about this place! Will pay a bit extra and stay at a cleaner place next time.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Flagstaff
Reviewed 24 March 2010

The second i walked in the door to check in i was treated very rudely by one of the male managers, on my expedia reservation it said 2 guests, but i actually ended up having four and he told me if i had more than two people in the room he would find out and i would pay, so i told the truth and was charged an additional 77 dollars, which was never explained or itemized, however having no other place to stay (being that it was spring break) I accepted and paid. Also i had to put a 300 damage deposit on the room and when i asked if it would go through they said no, but when i checked my credit card online, they certainly put it through. One night the manager called our room right when we had gotten home to get somethings and leave again, to tell us that if the boy in our room didn't leave in a minute he would call the police, we of course complied and i went to the front desk to have a word with the manager where it quickly turned into a screaming match of him snapping and hissing at me. Which i am sorry, but you do not do to a guest, NO MATTER WHAT. I am going into the field of hospitality and have learned how important the guests stay is and how powerful a negative experience can be. I hope that people read this review and really re-consider staying here. The rooms were newly renovated, but our toilet ran the entire stay and the room was a sauna, we were harassed the entire time and totally taken advantage of. It was a mess and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, but especially college students on spring break.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Collegestudent1908
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 March 2010

On our road trip from Denver to Vegas to San Diego we stopped at the the Rodeway in Lake Havasu. Lake Havasu was a great place to stop to rest after our long drive, and before continuing to San Diego. We stayed two nights to recoup. There are only three good aspects to this hotel. The location near the lake is good. The wireless access is a plus. The pricing competes with surrounding hotels. Other than that I would not stay there again. Of the four hotels we stayed at during our trip, the Rodeway was the worst. We didn't have any experiences with bed bugs or mean staff. The hotel just wasn't comfortable or inviting at all. Lake Havasu comes alive during Spring and Summer when the Lake see's tons of action, and the Hotels get abused by wild party goers. Fortunately we were there in January when things were tame, but we still could see the left overs from party season. This hotel seems to be satisfied with keeping a hotel that is basic and dirty so that party goers can't dirty and stain the rooms any more than they already are. The hallways have old wrinkled carpet, and looked like they had been left un-vacuumed for weeks. The hotel serves a continental breakfast but eatting a basic muffin breakfast in a stale smelling lobby upsets the stomach. The hot tub looked gross, and brownish, and the swimming pool was cloudy, we never set foot in either, and never had any desire. The only way to haul luggage to the second floor is up stairs, there is no ramp or elevator. For us this hotel served one purpose, a place to rest, and in the morning we were out of there, driving around town and viewing the lake, London Bridge and lighthouses, before we felt re-energized enough to head to San Diego where we stayed at a great hotel. But more on that in a different review.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Everstil
U S A
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This is a wonderful place to stay in Lake Havasu! Check in was a breeze and our room was large and very clean. We needed extra pillows and within 10 min. we had them. We will stay here again and again!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank averyfamily3
san diego
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Great little place! It was clean and the rooms were bigger then expected. The prices were extremely low for the value. I would definetly go back.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple