“Outstanding Resort in a Fantasic Location”

The Nautical Beachfront Resort
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 17 April 2011

All rooms a junior suites overlooking the Lake. My room was on the top floor with a balcony. Sunrise over the lake was phenominal.
The resort has so much too offer with 2 bars and a large retaurant. The one dissapointment was that the pool was not open. It is underconstruction and will be finished in May. That will even have a swim up bar!
The room was clean and the service was fantastic. Everyone was willing to offer assistance.

We can not wait to return to this property

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank abvileedsal

Reviewed 15 April 2011

The rooms were dirty and well-worn. We paid way to much for a place whose glory days were well past. The motel needs to be remodeled.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank amybeth_11
thenautical, Front Office Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

The Nautical is under new management and has a new commitment to bring the resort back to the gem that it once was. We are in the process of a huge renovation; our new pool "WET", check-in lobby area and remolding of rooms. We would love for you to try us again.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

I went and stayed at the Nautical with my family and young children. Upon arrival, we were told that we would not be able to check in at the time we were promised (4pm). They stated it had to do with inspections they were facing and I would be getting my time prorated and receive credit back for the time lost. Once they were able to check my family and I in, they handed me a $25 gift card to their Turtle Grill. Mind you, the time lost equaled over $40. I explained I did not want the gift card, just the refund I was promised. They stated that, that was the only form of refund I would be receiving. Not being sympathetic to the situation, I asked to speak to their General Manager. Instead I got their "Reservation Specialist" because apparently the "General Manager will tell you the same thing" So I am assuming he didn't want to deal with this mess. After a long 30 mins of not receiving the refund I was promised, I had no choice but to let it go. I would have loved to stay at ANY other hotel in the area besides this one, but being a very busy weekend I had no other choice (and the hotel staff knew that) Once they checked me in and I walked into the hotel room, I noticed a huge hole in the bathroom door. I took a picture of it right away to save myself from any repercussions that the hotel management might give me during checking out. So I then went about my weekend with my family. It was spring break for highschoolers during the time and so their were over an abundance of them staying at the Nautical. I watched about 50 underage kids drinking alcohol as my family and I watched. Not only that, but the Nautical's security guards were walking by and on their golf carts high fiveing these kids! Knowing they were underage...it was insane to see. Their were kids passed out on the grass, one kid stripped naked and ran around waving his privates to people. It was absolutely appalling that the hotel staff would allow this kind of behavior to happen.
Wishing I could say I had a relaxing, joyful weekend....we went to the registration for check out. As I was checking out they called in to do the inspection before anyone could leave. They reported back that my room had a hole in the bathroom and that I was responsible for it. Since I KNEW they would pull this scam, I showed them the photos with the dated time and without even hesitating, they let us go! Does that not seem a bit suspicious? If they think they can make an easy few bucks off scamming their guests like that, they should pick and choose them wisely. Note to all future guests of the Nautical Beachfront Resort, be very VERY careful. If it weren't for my gut instinct of smelling out unethical people I would've been charged for damage that wasn't mine to begin with. Not to mention there were a few more incidents that I faced while staying at the Nautical, but my patience and energy is running low. These people working for the Nautical have by far set the standard for one of WORST experiences I have ever faced in customer service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank MrsTaylor33
thenautical, General Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

I was extremely disappointed to see your review of our property on Trip Advisor. I would like to address a few of the comments made in your review.

For many years Lake Havasu City has been a spring break haven for college kids. The Nautical Beachfront Resort is the headquarters hotel for spring break, which runs from mid-March through early April. However, these kids are in college, not high school, and we take every precaution to ensure that no one under the age of 21 is served alcohol. I am comfortable in saying that if you did see someone underage who was intoxicated, they consumed alcohol in their room, not in our bar or restaurant.

Regarding your comment about a naked person, this is certainly behavior that is inappropriate. Unfortunately, because this incident was not reported to us at the time, we are unable to do anything more than apologize that you and your family were subjected to something so offensive. We do not tolerate this type of behavior, nor do we expect our guests to tolerate it.

When you checked in and saw that there was a hole in the bathroom door, we would have arranged to have the door fixed immediately had it been reported to us at that time.

I regret that your stay was not to your expectations but hope that you will choose to visit us again as I believe you will find that The Nautical Beachfront Resort is, in fact, a great place to stay.

Vern Porter

Reviewed 16 February 2011

Yes the Nautical is a little old but we have stayed there twice and actually had the same room both times 3 years apart and really loved the place. People were friendly and it was very quiet and very clean. A little noisy during the day because they are rebuilding the pool right now. From what we read they are going to be updating before long. Hopefully they won't go to big because in my opinion it is nice just the way it is. The only negative I experienced was everytime the smoker downstairs smoked on the patio outside all the smoke sucked in to our room. Easily fixed by shutting our door for a few minutes. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jhartz1959
Reviewed 12 February 2011

We stayed three days at the Nautical Beachfront resort and were in the old section that hadn't been remodeled. It was wonderful. The rooms were cute and neat and we had a wonderful view of the lake. A beautiful sun rise over the mountains met us every day. The staff were all nice and I'd stay here again in a minute. Only problem is that we are buying a home there but I'll recommend that all of my friends and family stay there when they are in town. Only down side is that the wireless internet wasn't very fast.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrMarine57
Reviewed 8 January 2011

On arrival, I wondered where we'd arrived. It was September, there was building work starting and it was definitely a throw back to 1960s holiday camp days. The ladies at reception were exceptionally helpful and couldn't do enough for us, so a big thank you to them. The rooms were dated and just about clean. There were a lot of cigarette buts on the balcony and in the 'flower pots' that were to catch the water from the air con units. The air con worked well, for which we were grateful. I think that the hotel is being updated and this is something that it greatly needs. I understand that they're also building a new pool. The people that we were travelling with told us not to even bother looking at the one that was there now. The view from our room over the lake was glorious, so this was a major plus point. We hired a jet ski from the business at the resort and that all went well, although they are very committed to checking over the vehicle before and afterwards to see if they can charge you for any damage. It made me feel very wary, but we weren't charged extra for anything, only petrol. The bar in the Turtle Bar and Grill was great, right on the water's edge. It was happy hour when we arrived and the bar man was really helpful and I had several refills of coke without having to pay any extra. The service in the grill restaurant was appalling. I saw the wrong food being taken to the wrong tables three times, cutlery being dropped all over the place and even though a waiter told me he'd be right back with a second plate for me to eat my pizza, he never returned. I've read a lot of good reviews of the Turtle Bar and Grill, so I think that the B team were in action on this night. We only stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to the Grand Canyon and it's location was very convenient. It was lovely to drive through the area and see the surrounding dessert, but I really couldn't recommend the hotel in its current state. My partner, on the other hand, would, because he loved watching the boats pulling up outside the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purple_mei
Reviewed 10 December 2010

We stayed the weekend for a baseball tournament and the Nautical met the basics as far as our needs. We were in cove suites that had 2 double beds, 1 pull out sofa (single) and a refrigerator/microwave. The beds are firm, not bad but not that comfortable either. Heaters/AC unit worked well. This property was built in the 60's as I recall and while it appeared renovations were done it's been awhile. Everything is dated including the two small Sanyo tvs, carpet etc. It had 2 rectangular windows above the doors that was like having a skylight as the sun barreled through in the morning. No way to cover so you can't go for total blackout here. The continental breakfast had minimal offerings of fruit, yogurt, bagel, waffles and cereal. The coffee was very weak. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was thankfully very clean. This hotel is somewhat remote sitting back off of McCulloch Rd but is still convenient to the lake as well as restaurants and activities. Maybe a 5 minute drive. I would stay again if I had too with the kids but this is nothing of a resort as the name would suggest. Black Bear Diner was good for a hearty lunch and La Vida Dolce had great pizza and salad. It's a small Italian restaurant off of Swanson Ave. Highly recommend, good food for a good price. Mudsharks also had good portions/price for the lunch. London Bridge is a site to see if you are in the area. Overall the Nautical is 2 1/2 star type of place.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family