“WOW! What a wonderful resort!”

The Nautical Beachfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Boise, Idaho
“WOW! What a wonderful resort!”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed at this property for a week and had a wonderful experience. My room was clean, bright and cheerfully decorated. The room had a microwave, refrigerator, two flat screen tvs and wonderful balcony with great views of the lake.

I am told this is the only beachfront resort in Arizona and they are not kidding! The resort had two separate beach areas. It also had an outdoor waterpark with giant inflatables in the lake - it was cool! They also had a beach bar which if you owned a boat you could literally drive up to the beach, walk off your boat and order some drinks - how cool is that?! The new pool was under construction but you have the lake and the beach right there.

The resort exceeded my overall experience - I just wasn't expecting anything like it - it's great to be pleasantly surprised! I am not a golfer but the resort included what looked to be a very nice golf course. Every room has a lake view - so you can't go wrong there. The restaurant was also very nice - lake view from every table and affordably priced too.

If you are looking for a great place to stay, this is it. The weather in Lake Havasu is very warm almost year-around. If palm trees, warm breezes and a beautiful lake is something you like, you won't be dissappointed here. I bringing my family back the next time I am looking for a fun, affordable vacation!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We only stayed here for a single night on route to the grand canyon.

We were given a room with a seating area, which also overlooking the lake which was perfect.The room was very clean and fresh with all amenities needed.It was a good size and the location was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay even helping with direction to an restaurant off site and using the internet to get directions.

As it is situated on the island you got to drive over the old London Bridge.But needed to drive to get anywhere off the site

Swimming Pool was shut whilst we were there but will be reopened now and looked great

Room Tip: ask for the refurbished room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blade1404
leeds, al
Reviewed 17 April 2011

All rooms a junior suites overlooking the Lake. My room was on the top floor with a balcony. Sunrise over the lake was phenominal.
The resort has so much too offer with 2 bars and a large retaurant. The one dissapointment was that the pool was not open. It is underconstruction and will be finished in May. That will even have a swim up bar!
The room was clean and the service was fantastic. Everyone was willing to offer assistance.

We can not wait to return to this property

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank abvileedsal
Custer, South Dakota
Reviewed 15 April 2011

The rooms were dirty and well-worn. We paid way to much for a place whose glory days were well past. The motel needs to be remodeled.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank amybeth_11
thenautical, Front Office Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
The Nautical is under new management and has a new commitment to bring the resort back to the gem that it once was. We are in the process of a huge renovation; our new pool "WET", check-in lobby area and remolding of rooms. We would love for you to try us again.

Travellers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Temecula, California
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I went and stayed at the Nautical with my family and young children. Upon arrival, we were told that we would not be able to check in at the time we were promised (4pm). They stated it had to do with inspections they were facing and I would be getting my time prorated and receive credit back for the time lost. Once they were able to check my family and I in, they handed me a $25 gift card to their Turtle Grill. Mind you, the time lost equaled over $40. I explained I did not want the gift card, just the refund I was promised. They stated that, that was the only form of refund I would be receiving. Not being sympathetic to the situation, I asked to speak to their General Manager. Instead I got their "Reservation Specialist" because apparently the "General Manager will tell you the same thing" So I am assuming he didn't want to deal with this mess. After a long 30 mins of not receiving the refund I was promised, I had no choice but to let it go. I would have loved to stay at ANY other hotel in the area besides this one, but being a very busy weekend I had no other choice (and the hotel staff knew that) Once they checked me in and I walked into the hotel room, I noticed a huge hole in the bathroom door. I took a picture of it right away to save myself from any repercussions that the hotel management might give me during checking out. So I then went about my weekend with my family. It was spring break for highschoolers during the time and so their were over an abundance of them staying at the Nautical. I watched about 50 underage kids drinking alcohol as my family and I watched. Not only that, but the Nautical's security guards were walking by and on their golf carts high fiveing these kids! Knowing they were underage...it was insane to see. Their were kids passed out on the grass, one kid stripped naked and ran around waving his privates to people. It was absolutely appalling that the hotel staff would allow this kind of behavior to happen.
Wishing I could say I had a relaxing, joyful weekend....we went to the registration for check out. As I was checking out they called in to do the inspection before anyone could leave. They reported back that my room had a hole in the bathroom and that I was responsible for it. Since I KNEW they would pull this scam, I showed them the photos with the dated time and without even hesitating, they let us go! Does that not seem a bit suspicious? If they think they can make an easy few bucks off scamming their guests like that, they should pick and choose them wisely. Note to all future guests of the Nautical Beachfront Resort, be very VERY careful. If it weren't for my gut instinct of smelling out unethical people I would've been charged for damage that wasn't mine to begin with. Not to mention there were a few more incidents that I faced while staying at the Nautical, but my patience and energy is running low. These people working for the Nautical have by far set the standard for one of WORST experiences I have ever faced in customer service.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank MrsTaylor33
thenautical, General Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
I was extremely disappointed to see your review of our property on Trip Advisor. I would like to address a few of the comments made in your review.

For many years Lake Havasu City has been a spring break haven for college kids. The Nautical Beachfront Resort is the headquarters hotel for spring break, which runs from mid-March through early April. However, these kids are in college, not high school, and we take every precaution to ensure that no one under the age of 21 is served alcohol. I am comfortable in saying that if you did see someone underage who was intoxicated, they consumed alcohol in their room, not in our bar or restaurant.

Regarding your comment about a naked person, this is certainly behavior that is inappropriate. Unfortunately, because this incident was not reported to us at the time, we are unable to do anything more than apologize that you and your family were subjected to something so offensive. We do not tolerate this type of behavior, nor do we expect our guests to tolerate it.

When you checked in and saw that there was a hole in the bathroom door, we would have arranged to have the door fixed immediately had it been reported to us at that time.

I regret that your stay was not to your expectations but hope that you will choose to visit us again as I believe you will find that The Nautical Beachfront Resort is, in fact, a great place to stay.

Vern Porter
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Yes the Nautical is a little old but we have stayed there twice and actually had the same room both times 3 years apart and really loved the place. People were friendly and it was very quiet and very clean. A little noisy during the day because they are rebuilding the pool right now. From what we read they are going to be updating before long. Hopefully they won't go to big because in my opinion it is nice just the way it is. The only negative I experienced was everytime the smoker downstairs smoked on the patio outside all the smoke sucked in to our room. Easily fixed by shutting our door for a few minutes. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jhartz1959
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 12 February 2011

We stayed three days at the Nautical Beachfront resort and were in the old section that hadn't been remodeled. It was wonderful. The rooms were cute and neat and we had a wonderful view of the lake. A beautiful sun rise over the mountains met us every day. The staff were all nice and I'd stay here again in a minute. Only problem is that we are buying a home there but I'll recommend that all of my friends and family stay there when they are in town. Only down side is that the wireless internet wasn't very fast.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple