“Right on the shoreline - bring a boat!”

The Nautical Beachfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Glendale, Arizona
“Right on the shoreline - bring a boat!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Although we had a more outdated bay view room it was equipped with fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The water was just steps away, whether you wanted the negative edge pool or the Lake itself! Wet bar, was a lot of fun, with misters around the bar which is pool accessible. TVs showed the latest sports scores and the bartenders were fun! The Naked Turtle Bar and grill is steps from the boat docks where you can tie up your water toys and come enjoy a cold one and some tasty food! Go see Jaime, Jason and Chad, some of the hardest working people at the place. Check in was a little slow, and their internet connection, while wi-fi, was very slow! Overall we started planning a return trip after our first day!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loveydumplin
Jennifer B, Guest Relations Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear loveydumplin

Thank you for the great review; sounds like you had a great stay!!! I have shared your comments with the staff and we all look forward to your return visit....

Thanks again for the great review...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Need much work an better costumer service at one point told us we have no towels to give us. Smh spider webs , broken lock to restroom on both our rooms. No sheets for our pull out bed. And out dated list of Activitys.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Butterflyxxtina
Dear Butterflyxxtina

Thank you for the feed back; we take all our reviews serious. We have brought your concerns to First Cabin Clubs attention. I'm glad to hear that you like the pool area.

Thank you again for the review...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Nautical Beachfront Resort. We stayed in a Lower Beachfront Suite. The room was very large with a full fridge, microwave, two large flat screen TVs (one in the sitting room and one in the bedroom area). The dual sink vanities are located out in the room area, so the bathroom was tiny with a toilet and shower/tub combo. The A/C unit worked great! There was only a clock radio, so no iPod stereo in the room. The room has carpet similar to outdoor carpet and the bathroom has tile. There were 2 wire framed sitting chairs and a small table on the front patio area. There were lots of ants outside the room, but they were not a problem in the room. Hey, you're at the lake, so hard to hold back nature ;). The shoreline was maybe 50 feet from the front door of our room. It's a sandy beach area where everyone hangs out on the shoreline and swims. They have a couple ramadas you can rent, you have to call the front desk for those and people reserve them for days at a time. They have a roped off area just for kids with a ton of those industrial inflatable toys kids can climb on and slide down. There is a lifeguard on duty for this area and I believe there is a charge after the 1st 30 minutes, which are free for guests. There are a couple of docks with complimentary overnight slip parking for guests. We kept our boat and jet skis there and had no issues. The shoreline parking is pretty limitied and first come/first serve. The resort has it's own private launch also. The Turtle Bar and Grill located on property has a great atmosphere with a bar and tables outside with misters and music. It was great to get lunch and drinks there. The kitchen was going through some renovation when we were there, so the lunch menu was limited but was good with a fair USD 9.00 price. The breakfast was terrible though! It was $11 per person and came with a sloppy omlet on a plastic plate. I'm sure there breakfast is better once their kitchen is running, but they shouldnt have charged $11 pp for what they offered during the kitchen closure. The pool at the property was the BEST! It's an infinity pool overlooking the cove where boats pull in and out all day. Great people watching! They have a great bar at the pool that plays music and had a live DJ at the pool all day on Saturday, which was great. They serve food at the pool too. Cans of beer are $4.00 at the pool. Bring your own pool towel... the front desk rents pool towels, but there is a $25 + tax charge for each towel you do not return. Yikes! They have a small store on property with overpriced clothing and other travel items you might need if you forgot something. Overall, a really great place to stay! They need to work on the front desk check-in process... the lobby is super tiny with only 2 agent desks. Their check-in process is really lengthy, so the line builds up really fast. They need to have a seperate desk set up for guests already staying on property to get pool towels, their 2 free bags of ice, or anything else a guest needs from the front desk so you dont have to stand in the super long check in line just to get something that should only take a couple seconds to help with. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose the lower level beach suites.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Becky C
Dear BeckyPhoenix

Thank you for your great review; so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us... It sounds like you appreciated all the The Nautical has to offer... We are working on changing our check in process and our procedure for towels and ice at the front desk. We look forward to your return visit...

Thanks again for the review...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 July 2013

On our 1st trip to Lake Havasau we stayed here at the Nautical Beachfront Resort. So far we have enjoyed both restaurants and infinity pool. We have jet skied around the lake and under the famed London Bridge. Tomorrow we have tee times at the golf course on the property. It has been a wonderful 3 days and highly recommend the resort for a boating weekend. There is mooring shoreline with all the amenities just steps away. A perfect addition to a resort setting

Room Tip: We were on the lake side. The cove rooms are smaller and I imagine more activity during spring brea...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear MinicooperIII

Thank you for your great review, glad to hear that your first trip to The Nautical was an enjoyable one. I agree with you we have some many activities to offer and being so close to the shoreline is perfect for a resort setting. Look forward to your return visit...

Thanks again for the review...
Corona, California, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Chose to stay at Nautical based on reviews although many stated about dirty rooms I thought that by going after a busy holiday rather than on the busy holiday weekend we would luck out. First I was displeased that when I booked I was told the room had 2 queens, but when arriving I found that we had one queen and a sofa sleeper bed, sorry folks that is not 2 queens. The rooms are dated and have probably one of the worst beds I have ever touched, and the "sleeper sofa" mattress was basically non existent, I felt horrible for my kids, and even had them change beds with me so they did not have to suffer. The room itself was dirty, the queen bed is on rollers and moves so easy by being up against the headboard it pushed itself away, as this happened I was greeted by several pests and many other things under the bed, old food, and other debris. The AC is nothing more than a glorified wall unit, and does barely an adequate job of keeping the room cool, but never actually cools the room. The only reason I did not move on the first night is because I knew I couldn't get my deposit back. I won't even begin to mention the linens, pillows, or other basic features that made me cringe. Even though we are paying for two nights, there was no way we would be staying the second night, and you ask did I complain, well let me say upon checkin I heard several guests even one regular who were complaingn to the front desk manager, her response to them was "we had a problem with staff" and the sad part was people were waiting upwards of 3+ hours past the normal 4pm checkin time just to get rooms. Now on the positive side I will say yes they have a boat launch that is free, but it is nothing more than a dirt ramp that leads to the waters edge, they do have slips which are first come first serve, and then you can pay additional for "cove beach boat parking" which is actually the best feature of the property. The pool looks clean, but there is a lake, so we are not using it. If you are looking at hotels here in Lake Havasu I highly recommend the Heat Hotel as the room was like being in a palace compared to Nautical.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ThatGuyBryan
Dear ThatGuyBryan

Thank you for sharing your experience; we have brought these issues to our housekeeping team and our maintenance team we take all of our guest feedback very seriously and we assure you that these problems will be addressed. I would ask that you give us a second chance please feel free to contact me.

Jennifer Baker

Travellers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

phoenix
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I must say I was a little worried about this place a couple days before we checked in because I had read some of the reviews about dirty rooms and bugs. Well, we arrived June 25, 2013 and I was quite pleased. Check in was a little slow. They had two ladies checking in guests but the phones were constantly ringing so they kept getting interrupted with those calls. I think they should have a third staff member answering phones and helping with towel check in/check, ect. We stayed in the Beach Suites. The rooms were newly renovated and were big, clean and comfortable (no bugs). The beds looked fairly new and were extremly comfortable. It was very helpful having 2 tv's in the room. The refrigerator was a really good size and worked perfectly. To top it off the view was beautiful. We were on the second floor so we had a nice balcony. The waterpark is in the lake, right by the resort and those inflatables are so fun and tiring. It's a great way to get the kids worn out. At dark everyone was out by the lake, hanging out under the stars then they just leave their chairs and tables out over night and in morning start were they left off by the lake. It wasn't noisy and everyone was friendly and respectful. The outside restaurant is great to eat at after a long day in the lake or pool. Everyone was in their bathing suits or just plain comfortable. Overall we had a great time and can't wait to return for our next summer vacation. FYI, there are little gnats outside and I noticed they like lights. So at night if you need to open the doors to your room, you should turn off the lights before opening the doors so the gnats won't fly in. It's best to not keep the doors open and quickly close them when entering or exiting so keep the bugs out. Hope your stay was an enjoyable as ours.

Room Tip: Beach Suites
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ArleneM322
Jennifer B, Guest Relations Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Arlene,

Thank you for your review, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your right the rooms are spacious and the water park is a lot of fun… Thanks for sharing that helpful hint about the gnats with the resort so close to the water they like to come and visit us. We look forward to your return visit…

Thanks again for the review…

Jennifer Baker
Hemet, California
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This Hotel is OK for the price. My family has stayed here a few times over the last 15 yrs and I can see they are trying to make improvements. I stayed in room 345 one of the remodeled rooms.
First let me say that we arrived a few hours early and were able to get a room upon arrival,the front desk was very helpful,friendly and professional.Upon entering the room I found the carpets to be extremely dirty, seeing as this is a pet room I called the front desk to let them know that the carpets were stained so that I would not be charged for any damage( we had a small dog with us). The front office was very nice and said she would make a note of it. The balcony only had one chair which I thought was odd but had a great view. The fridge was not keeping cold so we called the front desk and a very nice guy "Bob" delivered a new fridge to our room about 10:00 at night. The second night the toilet became clogged and we had to have a plunger delivered to our room (embarrasing) and throughout the trip the room never really seemed to cool off.
The upside of our stay was the extremely comfortable beds ( I emailed later and asked for the brand of matress) the wonderful location and the exceptional customer service we recieved throughout our stay.
I hope they continue to make improvements and updates but I wish they would get rid of the resort fee. It really irked me having to pay an additional $60 for our 3 nights just to get a few bags of ice.

Room Tip: Let them know if you have a problem in the room, they do try to remedy it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank FamilyofFour1995
Jennifer B, Guest Relations Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear FamilyofFour1995

Thank you for your review, it sounds like the staff really made your stay enjoyable. We our glad to hear that you noticed the improvements we are making to the property and yes we will continue making updates and improvements to the property. The resort fee includes more then the 2 bags of ice, you also get the ½ hour at the waterpark (seasonal), wireless internet, the use of the launch ramp, parking for your boat on the beach subject to availsbility, 2 rounds of golf (seasonal), incoming/outgoing phones calls and faxes, and the use of the pool and towels.

Thank you for your review we look forward to your return visit.