“AWESOME PLACE”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“AWESOME PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am a local here in Lake Havasu and used the Nautical Inn for my daughters going away to the Navy party last weekend. We had rooms that had AMAZING views- they were clean and comfortable. We had a nice spot on the beach for the family to spend time together I would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone coming from out of town or any local wanting a stay-cation.

Room Tip: We were in the Cove rooms which provided a view of the lake (south end of the channel) and the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
thenautical, General Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Julie G

Sounds like you had a great time with your family at The Nautical; I couldn’t agree with you more what a perfect place to have a staycation. Wishing; your daughter a successful career with the Navy.

Thank you for the great review… Hope to see you soon.

Steven Boswell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

First time stay in Havasu with friends. I found this resort well appointed with a very good location for boaters and those looking for easy lake access. Great cove, docks, and rentals. We rented a jet ski and was pleased with price and process. We stayed in a suite in the 500 wing. Nice room, clean, with a full size fridge that helped with meals and drinks. Customer service was superb. You could tell they went out if their way to help us. We lost our debt card and the restaurant went above and beyond to assist us. We had to check out early. The front desk was very accommodating and did not charge us for the night we had booked. My only complaint would be connectivity. Wi Fi service was poor at best. With teenage girls this was an issue. I think it would be a good investment to boost speed in the wings. Restaurant, bar, and pool were excellent. Many options at the Nautical as a base camp for your recreation activities at the lake. I would recommend this place without hesitation.

1 Thank Ray3308
Dear Ray3308

Thank you for such a great review on your recent stay with us. It sounds like you and your family enjoyed yourselves. The beach suites are very nice and roomy and the larger refrigerator make it convenient perfect for a family of 4 or more. Sorry to hear about your debt card, I’m glad that my staff provided you with superb service to assist you in locating it, and it sounds like the front desk also assisted you during your stay, I will pass on your comments to my staff. Sorry to hear about the wifi, you’ll be happy to hear that we are in the process of getting that fixed by increasing our bandwidth. Looking forward to you and your families return visit.

All the best

Kingman, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I dont know what these other reviewers expected but my family and I thought it was WELL WORTH IT!!!!!! I mean for the price we got 2 free bags of ice a day( So no ice machine out of service or all the trash in the bottom of the ice tray or no walking from 1 end of resort to the other to get ice), free 1/2 hr a day to the water zone per person, Free private boat launch ramp service,free use buoys to tie off the boat or seadoos on the beach in front of the rooms,Lake was literally 100 ft from the room, lawn chair on the patio in front of the room to use, A FREE 18 hole round of golf - without a cart- but you can rent on your own dime. Our room was GREAT clean everything worked in it. Lets face it 99% of the people that go to Lake Havasu dont go to stay in the room - outside of sleeping and showering. So It was a GREAT TRIP AND WILL RETURN!!!

Room Tip: Any suite is worth the extra cost
Dear Bill B

Thank you for the great review! It sounds like you and your family really enjoyed the resort and all the amenities we have to offer. Yes, ice machines can get messy having the bagged ice for guest is better and you get two bags daily during your stay. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time at the waster park, it sure is a lot of fun to bounce on the water toys. Having the launch ramp onsite makes it very convenient no long lines to launch your water toys and being able to beach on shore makes it nice so you don’t have to worry about putting your water toys on the trailer each night. WE look forward to your return visit…

Yours truly,

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Nautical has a beautiful setting. The room was spacious and comfortable, with a lovely view. Great to have a fridge. ALso good to have sinks and mirrors area outside of the bathroom. The pool is lovely! A beautiful view. However, another guest stole my flip flops which was disappointing to say the least. The restaurant was also disappointing; they forgot about out table's order so it took a long time. They then told us they didn;t have one of our party's orders, but we were soon told by a more senior memeber of staff there had been an accident in the kitchen. I suspect this may have been a cover story. Lastly, there are no ice machines and there was a shortage at reception when we were there. In short very beautiful, but coud do with more finesse to be a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CherryDaiquiri
thenautical, Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear CherryDaiquiri

Thank you for posting your comments and sharing your experience during your stay. The Nautical does have a beautiful setting, the back drop of the lake, city and the surrounding mountains best view in Lake Havasu. I’m glad you enjoyed your spacious suite and I couldn’t agree more with you its nice to have a fridge in the room; all rooms at the resort do come with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker, I’m sorry that your dining experience was not satisfactory I have shared your review with my food and beverage team so they can use this in discussions and training to improve their operation. Yes, your correct we do not have ice machines on property with the temperatures in Lake Havasu its difficult to keep them running, we do provide two 7lbs bags of ice daily for our guest, we have a company that stocks us daily, my apologizes if we had a shortage that morning but I know we were stocked up by noon. WE do hope you return to the Nautical the next time you visit Lake Havasu.

Yours truly,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We currently stayed at The Nautical for the first time and although the property looked good it needed some TLC

The Good:
Location
Room to Lake Access
Water Park
Boat/Jet Ski Rentals
Food Was Good
Room Service for Towels
Vehicle Parking
Boat Parking if you have one

The BAD....
The Room was run-down
The Sofa Bed was broken
The Shower leaked
The Biggest Item the Patio was full of bird doo-doo and they don't care to clean it.
The ice was always late

Overall we had a great time as we took a boat out for a day and took skies out the other day and the rest just lake and pool I have small kids so they are happy in any water..

Make Sure that you ask for Tower E,F,or G they are the newer ones.

Room Tip: Ask for Tower E, F or G
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer B, Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Felix T

Thank you for your recent review. I’m pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your accommodations at the resort we have recently renovated our cove suites and are in the process of renovating our beach suites. Yes; our feathered friends do leave a mess but we do have someone on staff that does clean up after them on a daily basics. I do hope that you and your family come and visit us again.

Yours Truly
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Cannot believe they haven't been shut down by the health board. Door had been kicked in, barely repaired. Iron burns on carpet. Glass slivers on carpet. Spider and web above bed. No towels. Lights between beds didn't work. Bed springs felt through the mattress. Tub wouldn't drain. Used condom in bathroom cabinet. AC unit was so loud that it woke us all night long. All this grandeur for $150! $59 a night would be too much. We had planned to stay 2 nights - there was no way we would stay another night and moved to the Heat. The good news. The front staff was very apologetic and they did comp us for the disaster. They moved our friends to the renovated area -- not much improvement. They had to deal with people above them all night throwing bottles to the first floor and partying all night. Will never stay here again. And this wasn't even a holiday or event weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alyssa R
Jennifer B, General Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Alyssa R

I’m sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory, I’m happy that my staff did address your issues and took care of your stay for you. I have shared your comments with my team and I can assure you that all issues have been addressed. I will certainly use your review in discussions and training to improve our operations. It’s regretful that you will not give us a second chance but I do hope if you travel back to Lake Havasu you visit our restaurant the Turtle Grill.

All the best

Travellers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were going to stay here for our anniversary. As soon as we entered the room we noticed spiders in the main room, walked down the hall, spiders in all four corners. Went into the bedroom, spiders in all the corners as well....hadnt been cleaned in weeks.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank snakeman711
Jennifer B, General Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear snakeman711

I am sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed your comments and have addressed them; we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure this type of issue does not happen again. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience and we hope we can regain your confidence.