“Dull, Boring, Nothing to do if you don't Boat or Golf !!!”
Review of Lake Havasu City

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Peoria, AZ and Lake Havasu City, AZ
“Dull, Boring, Nothing to do if you don't Boat or Golf !!!”
Reviewed 18 December 2009

Unfortunately, my husband is stuck working (transfer) here although we have a home in the Phoenix-area, too. I join him up here when I can, and this summer (2009) I was here for most of it. I'm back visiting when he can't manage to get away to come back to the Phoenix valley.

I looked up activities to do in the Lake Havasu City phone book, and the only thing there were 7 different churches listed! I asked people everywhere what there was to do, and they mostly said, "golf", "watersports", or "drinking." How saddddddddddddddddd!!

All I can say is it's the most BORING town I've ever visited. No where to eat, shop, activities, crafts, cultural activities, theaters!! And from Sept 2008--thru Dec 2009, I've seen more and more empty buildings & worn-out stores. It's creepy & dirty.....can't wait for my hubby to retire so we can go BACK to civilization.

P.S. I didn't just look in the yellow pages for things to do....I checked with realtors & doctors. Got no ideas from any of them either.

Ontario, Canada
“My favourite place in Arizona.”
Reviewed 6 November 2009

Lake Havasu City, Arizona: Nov. 5, 2009

This is a wonderful spot to spend time in the winter months. Obviously, very busy with the boaters in the summer, it is "winter visitor" time during the colder months. We have travelled to Lake Havasu for Feb. and March for several years. The temps are great in the 70's,80's with bright blue skies. Very young, active seniors in the area at this time of year. Many festivals, classic car shows etc. to keep you moving about. Beautiful walking trails both in the city and on the island. Home of the famous London Bridge. Shopping is great also. Havasu is only a 1 hr. drive to Laughlin on the Colorado River, and 21/2 hr. drive to Las Vegas. Can't beat that. We always feel very welcome here and the community is friendly to all visitors. Love it.
luv2cruise Ontario.

Pacific Ocean
99 helpful votes
“Why would you vacation in 111 degree heat?”
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Lake Havasu City is hot beyond description. It is full of tacky houses, fast food restaurants and not much else. Although the Lake is lovely, the town surrounding it appears to have been built with little thought.

And did I mention that it is the hottest place I have ever been?

The London Bridge is just silly and not worth even getting off the main road for.

Skip it.

1 Thank sailsequoyah
Lake Havasu City, AZ
“The skies of Lake Havasu City, AZ”
Reviewed 18 June 2009

The sunrises & sunsets in Lake Havasu City are spectacular. Here are a few photographs as an example. Hope you'll enjoy them.

San Ramon, California
22 helpful votes
“Really Not Much There”
Reviewed 28 November 2007

Lake Havasu City has not much of anything.

They have the London Bridge - but my opinion is that it should be moved somewhere nicer.(my opinion).

There is the lake to boat on, but the lake shoreline and bottom is covered with beer cans and broken bottles; and it's crowded in the summer. There's also so much trash thrown in there, I'd probably not get in the water again. And now that the kid passed away from the water born bacteria he got there, I think others will be wary (even though it's a very rare occurance).

The English village down by the bridge is now rundown and seemed abandoned. They could probably legalize gaming and make the place a better destination. It seemed to be a better place when they allowed the spring breakers there to have fun; but they ran them all off.

So if you have a boat, or want to see the bridge, and maybe do some mountain biking in the winter - not sure where - you may only want to visit 1 time.

1 Thank Dudesdad

Been to Lake Havasu City? Share your experiences!