Fusion Boutique Hotel
  • Restaurant
Bolivia Lodge(Polokwane)
Meropa Casino(Polokwane)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hoteltrue starwine selectionturn down serviceblown awayinternational standardsstayed one nightout of this worldlike royaltyservice was greaton arrivalkruger parkconference roomcomfortable bedsreception areabusiness tripluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and I had to travel to Polokwane for our daughter's sporting event on the Saturday but seeing that it was our anniversary on the Friday, we decided to really spoil ourselves and book at Fusion Boutique Hotel. It was really expensive compared to other Polokwane lodgings and I was scared that we might be disappointed. It was only when we got to the hotel that I realised what it was all about. I have not seen so much attention to detail in a very long time. It was really very luxurious, I loved the interior, the chandeliers and all the mirrors and woodwork. The chef definately knew what he was doing. I normally don't order omelettes at restaurants as they are never as good as the ones my husband make but this time I was pleasantly surprised. It was not your normal hotel buffet, fruits, yogurts, small bites etc were presented beautifully and everything so tasteful, even ordinary toast! It is a pity that time flies so quickly when you're having fun. Even though this is a stunning place, I do have two complaints. I have never come across such a heavy duvet, ever, and it is somewhat strange as Polokwane is not the coldest place in the country and it wasn't even winter yet. Anyway, one can get light duvets that would still keep you warm. So I would really recommend getting other duvets. The other thing that really shocked and upset me is that when we checked in, the lady at reception casually mentioned that no food or beverage from outside was allowed. No such thing was ever mentioned on the website or when we made the booking. And what really upset me is that I did tell them in advance that it was our anniversary and my bithday the following day. They just replied and said that they do not have any special offers for special occasions. I took a special bottle of genuine champagne that we received as a gift from our friends in France for the special occasion and have to admit that we decided to ignore her remark and have the champagne anyway. We have been to other 5-star establishements where we also received complimentary fruit platters and sparkling wine even though it was not a special occasion and where we paid MUCH less than what Fusion charges so please understand my frustration. Notwithstanding, this is really a stunning hotel, so if you can afford it, go for it!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The first time I stayed at the Fusion, everything was great except for particularly horrendous service from a restaurant manager. I recently returned and I don't have a single complaint: it was all top-notch. Fantastic!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Dined at Saskia's about a week ago and was very satisfied. Ambience, extremely service-minded staff, really affordable prices! Great food, delicious, beautifully presented and rich helpings. Ordered ox-tail parcel and bone marrow as starter, the night's special Impala sirloin and filet with two sauces, (green pepper and chili-chocolate) for main course, New York cheesecake with macadamia crumble for dessert and a large cappuccino with that.
Polokwane might not be the most exciting place but Saskia's makes it much more interesting.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Fusion is a real gem for a regional city like Polokwane. The room was surprisingly large and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was very earthy in design and shower did not skimp on flow - bring it on. The extra money to stay at the Fusion over its competitors was well worth it. The service, attention to detail and food was 5 star quality.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Junior Suite, it was very well appointed and presented.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stayed at the fusion boutique on the opulent side as well as a couple of days in the guest house. The boutique hotel's decor is really nice. Very classic, with truly 5 star amenities. Simply opulent. The food is phenomenal. They have a great menu of local African specialties as well as some more mainstream items. The service is great, everyone one was friendly and accommodating. There is nothing in the neighborhood. You will need a car to get around.

I didn't love the room on the guest house side. It was very small and lacked some necessities. (like an iron) When you step out of your room, you are outside.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter. Much more opulent, more expensive too.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business