“My firsthand experience”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Polokwane
Raskhutuma, Limpopo, South Africa
“My firsthand experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel is so fabulous, it has a full dignity, nice service, the only problem is the is some of the waitress, some need tip equal to 50% of what you paid, so they must be supervised well before they ruined everything, last year I was celebrating my marriage anniversary at Fusin Boutique Hotel, it was so nice, everything was marvelous, I was only bored by a waitress guy when he brings bill and demand a 50% tip. Everything in that hotel is luxury and stunning.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

In the heart of Polokwane, where the 2010 fever is still maintained, you will find the Fusion Boutique Hotel. If you are a "bling bling"person then that the place to go! Mirrors really big mirrors everywhere, the decor is every and in my opinion just tooooooo much!

The bedroom was like an emperor's palace. It was comfortable but everything so big. I guess for a small person when everything around you is so big you just feel lost!

The staff were friendly, always willing to help especially because I was there for a conference, they ensured that the conference room was set-up according to what we requested and for those minor last minute changes they were very accommodating!

Not a bad place for a nights stay but " bling bling"

• Stayed October 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Each of the rooms at this hotel are decorated differently and are stunning. The decor is classic. The bathroom is one of the best I have ever experienced. The hotel is well located. With what little available space they had, they decked out a very pleasant garden. The food was very tasty too but the breakfast in my opinion not of 5 star standard. The one other reason that I am not giving a 5 rating is that there is no Wi-fi in the rooms??? As a 5 star facility used mostly for business, surely this is a pre-requisite?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bern
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We spent one night in this very luxurious hotel in Polokwane! The rooms are fabulously appointed and the decor can only be described as sumptuous ! The service was outstanding and especially at dinner where we were waited on by Marvellous who really lived up to her name! The only very insignificant problem was the wifi in the rooms does not work due to the thickness of the walls!
We will CERTAINLY return

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeeBern
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel is an epitome of luxury from the entrance hall to the rooms. Beautiful finishings, underfloor heating, massive and comfortable bed. The marble tiled bathroom is spacious, and you have a choice of a bath or a shower. My room was suitable for whatever need, business or pleasure. I wish the front desk and kitchen could offer service at 5* level. I found them to be too laid back. I ordered room service a fusion burger and it took forever for it to be delivered. I had to call and follow up. When it arrived it was cold, there was no apology, and the waitress did not bother to open my order and confirm. For a 5* establishment I would expect porter service from the parking which is in front of the hotel. Having to drag one's bags at a 5 star botique hotel is not kosher.
We had a cocktail event at the hotel, again the bar service was not as fantastic. I think the hotel need to up its game on the service side to match the 5* grading, top of the range furnishings and facilities. Otherwise this is a great hotel, and if you are looking for luxury or to spoil yourself and your loved ones, this is the place to consider. I love the fact that breakfast is included in the rate.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the outdoor lounge area and resaturant give you a view of activiies from the comfort of...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Other than the mishap with our reservation this was a great experience.The welcome when we arrived was warm and the staff went out of their way to rectify their mistake with our booking. The hotel is beautiful with gorgeous decor and a very warm comforting feeling within the rooms which you miss at chain hotels. Classy finishes all over the place in the rooms, dining areas and all round. The lack of covered parking was downside though. The Restaurant Saskia is fantastic but can be a bit too busy when you are staying in the hotel and eat there regularly, and the tray charges to bring food up to the rooms were a bit steep. That all being said, we had a lovely time in Polokwane's only 5-star hotel (deservedly 5-stars too).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DopeyMo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and I had to travel to Polokwane for our daughter's sporting event on the Saturday but seeing that it was our anniversary on the Friday, we decided to really spoil ourselves and book at Fusion Boutique Hotel. It was really expensive compared to other Polokwane lodgings and I was scared that we might be disappointed. It was only when we got to the hotel that I realised what it was all about. I have not seen so much attention to detail in a very long time. It was really very luxurious, I loved the interior, the chandeliers and all the mirrors and woodwork. The chef definately knew what he was doing. I normally don't order omelettes at restaurants as they are never as good as the ones my husband make but this time I was pleasantly surprised. It was not your normal hotel buffet, fruits, yogurts, small bites etc were presented beautifully and everything so tasteful, even ordinary toast! It is a pity that time flies so quickly when you're having fun. Even though this is a stunning place, I do have two complaints. I have never come across such a heavy duvet, ever, and it is somewhat strange as Polokwane is not the coldest place in the country and it wasn't even winter yet. Anyway, one can get light duvets that would still keep you warm. So I would really recommend getting other duvets. The other thing that really shocked and upset me is that when we checked in, the lady at reception casually mentioned that no food or beverage from outside was allowed. No such thing was ever mentioned on the website or when we made the booking. And what really upset me is that I did tell them in advance that it was our anniversary and my bithday the following day. They just replied and said that they do not have any special offers for special occasions. I took a special bottle of genuine champagne that we received as a gift from our friends in France for the special occasion and have to admit that we decided to ignore her remark and have the champagne anyway. We have been to other 5-star establishements where we also received complimentary fruit platters and sparkling wine even though it was not a special occasion and where we paid MUCH less than what Fusion charges so please understand my frustration. Notwithstanding, this is really a stunning hotel, so if you can afford it, go for it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple