“wow Suprising”

Fusion Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Polokwane
Reviewed 18 February 2014

There is not a lot that happens in this town and I had no else to stay for the night as all the Hotels were fully booked. I decided to stay here and for $195 breakfast included I challenge anyone to find a better 5 star Hotel for the same price. I was blown away the room was amazing and the staff was very friendly. If you want to stay somewhere in the area this is the place.

Room Tip: Stay on the Second floor less noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GMatFusion, Owner at Fusion Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your review.
We truly appreciate it when guests express the enjoyment of their stay. We pride ourselves in providing guests with true five star service and everything that comes with that.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I've been to the Fusion Boutique Hotel on a few occasions.

My last stay wasn't so lovely. When I made the booking, the hotel had no water but the staff neglected to tell me this. I was only made aware that the hotel hadn't had water for a few days after checking in.

The room I was put in was horrible. It had a strong stench of sewerage and eventually the staff, acknowledging that I couldn't stay in such a room, moved me to another, pricier room. The problem was that I was now expected to pay the difference, although it was absolutely not my fault that I had been put up in a terrible room. I had no choice but to pay it.

On top of that, because I had only stayed one night of two that I had paid for during my previous visit, I had an agreement with the hotel that this would count as part of payment for my next stay. No such thing happened.

The Fusion Boutique Hotel is still a great hotel, but I'm not impressed with the latest service I received from them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2013

For our anniversary I decided to book a suite at Fusion Boutique Hotel and also a table in their popular Saskia Restaurant. On arrival we were greeted at the gate by a friendly security guard who then assisted us with our luggage to the reception. On entering the reception area we were offered a welcome drink while we completed our check in paperwork. This was welcomed as it was a hot summers day in Limpopo. The decor from the reception area and throughout the hotel is mins blowing. If you appreciate art and "outside the box" decor then this is definitely an experience to add to your bucket list.

From there the reservations manager whisked us away to our suite informing us of the many accolades the hotel had won over the the past 4 years of its existence. We were also informed of the extra services they offer such as in room massage and a delightful bath and pillow menu.
(which we could not resist)

On entering our suite I felt like we were in Europe. The magnificent romantic french furniture, plush fabrics and attention to detail was absolutely stunning. This suite truly was fit for a King.

After an afternoon of pampering and sipping long cocktails on the terrace we heading to the restaurant for our dinner. Here the hostess showed us to our table which they had set in one of their private dining rooms and decorated specially for us. The service was impeccable and the food was a piece of heaven on a plate.
We had a 3 course dinner and each course was delightful. The main course (their home grown aged prime beef) was undeniably the best steak we have had for 2013. Not only did it melt in your mouth but the presentation, flavour and the bone marrow and port sauce set a new dining standard for us. We received a complimentary soup and roll to start with, as well as sorbet to clean our pallets between the 3 courses and all of this was less than R650 for the two of us. These days a quick bite to eat at a franchise steak house is over R700 and the service is non existent, it is noisy and the food is definitely nothing to write home about. Saskia Restaurant will definitely see us more often. I cant think to spend the same about of money somewhere else and get so much less.

Overall our entire stay was bliss. The 5 course champagne breakfast on departure just reiterated that this establishment deserves every one of their five stars! This truly is the gem of Limpopo and Fusion Boutique Hotel will see us again very very soon!

Room Tip: We loved the Kiss Suite as this is the "honeymoon suite) but I have seen their Junior Suites an...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I would have to agree with many of the other reviews that what this hotel lacks in real class it tries to compensate with excessive ornamentation. For me it is at best a four star hotel, there is no swimming pool or gym or spa which any five star hotel should possess.

Having said that personally I found all the staff very polite and helpful as I generally find in South Africa apart from one, on reception who when I arrived with a shopping bag of mineral water and some soft drink extremely arrogantly told me that "didn't anyone tell you that guests are not permitted to bring food and drinks into the rooms, as here we offer everything and cater for everything". Well given that my mini bar was empty and stayed so for my stay of six days, I think not. I also travel extensively for work and in sixteen years of travelling I have never been treated by a receptionist in that manner anywhere in the world.

If you are travelling for work the wi-fi internet in the rooms is extremely low but accessible just about on smart phone but not computer.

Prices in the restaurant I found pretty normal and not excessive but if you want a four star slightly over ostentatious hotel then that is Fusion. Perhaps some more attention to hotel service rather than the furnishings would be nice.

Room Tip: Take a room at the sides of the hotel away from the bar area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel is so fabulous, it has a full dignity, nice service, the only problem is the is some of the waitress, some need tip equal to 50% of what you paid, so they must be supervised well before they ruined everything, last year I was celebrating my marriage anniversary at Fusin Boutique Hotel, it was so nice, everything was marvelous, I was only bored by a waitress guy when he brings bill and demand a 50% tip. Everything in that hotel is luxury and stunning.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

In the heart of Polokwane, where the 2010 fever is still maintained, you will find the Fusion Boutique Hotel. If you are a "bling bling"person then that the place to go! Mirrors really big mirrors everywhere, the decor is every and in my opinion just tooooooo much!

The bedroom was like an emperor's palace. It was comfortable but everything so big. I guess for a small person when everything around you is so big you just feel lost!

The staff were friendly, always willing to help especially because I was there for a conference, they ensured that the conference room was set-up according to what we requested and for those minor last minute changes they were very accommodating!

Not a bad place for a nights stay but " bling bling"

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Each of the rooms at this hotel are decorated differently and are stunning. The decor is classic. The bathroom is one of the best I have ever experienced. The hotel is well located. With what little available space they had, they decked out a very pleasant garden. The food was very tasty too but the breakfast in my opinion not of 5 star standard. The one other reason that I am not giving a 5 rating is that there is no Wi-fi in the rooms??? As a 5 star facility used mostly for business, surely this is a pre-requisite?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business