“Beautiful” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mosate Lodge Polokwane

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Polokwane
Mosate Lodge Polokwane
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Polokwane
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Beautiful rooms, clean and good size. The food also not bad, breakfast was pleasant.
If it was not for the co-joining doors which let in the noises next door, I could hear the neighbors conversation and tv. Otherwise I would have given this place an " excellent" rating.

Room Tip: As for quieter room if available
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BeskyN

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I spent the night at Mosate Lodge as a stop-over on our way to a game lodge near Kruger for our honeymoon. We arrived quite late in the evening, after a long day’s drive, and it was nice to be met by a smiling, friendly face. We had phoned ahead to say that we would be running late and the receptionist had gone ahead to our room and switched on the lights and aircon on for us ahead of our arrival. They also included a celebratory bottle of bubbly for us which was chilled and waiting for us in an ice bucket. There are other small touches which make up part of their normal room set up such as a welcome sherry and chocolates on your pillows. Tea, coffee and rusks are complimentary in the room.
The rooms are neat, clean and comfortable. I love the understated African theme which is very tastefully executed. Although the lodge itself is situated adjacent to a busy road, the rooms are set back and as a result you don't hear the road.
We also had breakfast included which was satisfactory. This consisted of a continental breakfast (fruit, cereals, etc) followed by a hot breakfast. Eggs were made to order whilst items such as bacon, sausages, baked beans were served buffet style.
I would highly recommend Mosate Lodge if you are looking for accommodation in Polokwane.
The only suggestion I would make is to include prices for the rooms on the website.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monique K
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed a night at this hotel. The rooms are superb. Large, clean, comfortable and really first class. I checked in at the hotel late at night and the kitchen although closed had kept my supper for me, heated it and brought it up to my room even though it was not supposed to be done.
Great service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 987293872983riufwenc
Pretoria, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Whilst a female colleague and I were preparing for a strategic planning session in a common room area, we were harrassed by the hotel management to vacate this general area as they close at 10pm. They are unable to offer us any alternative area to work in but our rooms. We are refusing to move from here, as neither of us are comfortable working in each other's rooms. The security company and the hotel manager arrived, and we have firmly refused to remove ourselves from the common room area. They have now contacted the police and have proceeded to lock us in. At this point we had to take a decision to stop working and to leave to avoid embarrassment for my company by being escourted from the premises.

We strongly believe that some form of action needs to be taken against the hotel and its management based on the humiliating way that we have been treated (Tourism Council Grading Authority or any other relevant authority)

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gog1976

Travellers are raving about these Polokwane hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

My husband and I spent the night at Mosate Lodge in Polokwane as we had to attend a function there.
I noticed that the hotel was on a very busy road through the town centre and as we booked in I mentioned that I hoped we were not in a room facing the busy road - silence from the reception staff. There are many rooms in the establishment and the hotel seemed quite empty.
The room did indeed face on to the main road and the traffic noise was constant, day and night.
This experience spoilt an otherwise really good stay at Mosate Lodge

Room Tip: Avoid room 20 facing the main road.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kuhlies
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night while passing through Limpopo. It was quiet as it was a weekend so we had a good rest in the tastefully furnished room. The staff were very helpful and we were well looked after. One problem was finding the lodge as it is just off the corner of two busy one way streets and not well signposted. We got lost looking for it as we arrived after dark. We would certainly return when next in the area.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pikap39
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Located just on the edge of the town centre, I stay here whenever I am in Polokwane on business. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated with just a hint of the African bushveld theme that does not overdo the concept and the beds are very comfortable. The welcome chocolates and drink in the room are a nice touch. The evening dining room staff are courteous and if you take time to chat to them they are quite friendly, which adds to the enjoyable dinner. I raised a concern of a faulty light and it was immediately attended to.
It would be helpful if a bar fridge is provided so one can store cool water as Polokwane tends to be hot.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are airy and quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business