We visited the restaurant, had a great lunch, and then went on a tour of the spa and the luxury tented accommodation that is built into a line of trees on an embankment about 4 metres above a river. The whole place is out of this world and we would have no hesitation in spending a few nights there. The staff are very friendly and helpful and www think that the management may have changed hands at some point in 2011.
Bear it in mind that this accommodation is on a macadamia farm and that it is not a hotel in the traditional sense. So there are walks from the accommodation to eat and there is really no central lounge area. It is not for those who like their hotels downtown style but it is for those who like a bit of adventurous luxury and something very different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sanctuary of Roses and Luxury. A fusion of African sensibilities with notions of romance and luxury everywhere, Summerfields Rose Retreat and Spa is a true sanctuary for the senses. An extraordinary place of gourmet country-chic cuisine under the stars, spa treatments alongside the Sabie River, rose baths prepared by your personal butler and the soft scent of roses following your every move, allows for a renewed sense of spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerfields Rose Retreat And Spa
- Summerfields Rose Retreat Hotel Hazyview