“Superb!”

Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Hazyview
Price range: US$17 - US$21
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pioneer's Grill, a restaurant situated in Hazyview, Mpumalanga serving the best aged steak in town. We also have a wine cellar with over a 100 wines to choose from. Our butchery, Meat & Coffee Co at the new Hazyview Junction Mall where you can buy aged meat for your braai in the Kruger.
Reviewed 8 August 2013

If you visit Hazy View, then this restaurant is a must. The food is absolutely fabulous. Generous portions and prices are very reasonable. It is not only for meat lovers. There is a wide variety of choices, including fish, salads and the vegetarian plate is also very much recommended. Restaurant has a nice modern atmosphere and staff is very friendly.

1  Thank HongKongTraveller3

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I always enjoy the food at Pioneers, however the service is a bit on the slow side. The chicken liver starter is the best in town and the potato skins are to die for!
Great setting too, and Wi-Fi is a plus. They always seem to have trouble with the speedpoint though, so take cash with you otherwise you have to drive into town to draw cash and then back again.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had a table for 17 people in Pioneer's for lunch as suggested by Phil from Blue Jay Lodge and I must agree with him. The food was absolutely delicious, the meat was perfect and the 17 of us loved our food. I could say that it was the best meat I ever had. The food was so good and some of my friends and myself even ate again,

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Went in for lunch (late in the service) with a family of 6. the food was some of the best we had in the area and would happily have gone back, time permitting. Service was average, and the value was good. Food would have been the reason to return.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband and I have been exploring Hazyview and the restaurants there. Pioneers is definitely our favourite now. Steaks cooked perfectly, friendly staff and excellent wine! We love to get to know who is behind the scenes. The chef proprietor is a lady called Denee who has been at the restaurant for about 2 years and the decor, which is both stylish and comfortable, is her doing as well as the quality food on offer.
Would definitely recommend the Ostrich Carpaccio, any of the steaks of course and the Pecan Pie for dessert. Delicious!
Will definitely make the drive to come again soon! Keep up the good work guys!

1  Thank Louise N