aha Casa do Sol
US$670
  • Breakfast included
Aan de Vliet(Hazyview)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$228
Sanbonani Resort(Hazyview)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewselephant sanctuarybeautiful hotelspanish feelspanish villagepool barprivate gardenfresh coat of paintroom telephonebedding and towelsthe entire staffthe hotel offersbirthday weekendan upgradereception staffbit datedkruger parklarge bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel. It is in a wonderful and beautiful environment. Although it needs some maintenance here and there it is worth the money. Hazyview is close by and three entrance gates to the Kruger Park is around the corner. Very worth staying at withe very friendly and competent staff.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jan d
CasaDoSol28, General Manager at aha Casa do Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property.

I have noted your concerns about the maintenance and I can assure you that we are working very hard on eliminating these issues.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Casa Do Sol in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Let me begin by saying that there is so much about Casa that is perfect. The setting, the gardens, most of the staff, the ambience is captivating as a first impression. The gardens are beautiful, the chalets I guess were designed to make one feel as though you are in a quasi Spanish village. Well, for me, and maybe I am wrong, but someone has decided to throw some African decor in as well for good measure, and I don't think it works - but to be fair, who gives a damn about the decor? Most visitors are tourists and my gut feel is that everything about Casa is designed around the tourist dollar - one nighters, pay their bucks and leave.
I was there for two nights this past weekend, part of a wedding weekend for family. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff, offered drinks and our bags trollied up to our rooms. So far so good.
Below are my comments about the rest of the 2 days - bearing in mind that we were tourists in our own country for the weekend and my background in the hospitality industry really makes me look for the detail and maybe even a bit picky.
Room telephone did not work - reported to reception.
Pamphlet in room offering many bush walks from hotel around the property by following the colour coded footprints - hmm, we couldn't find any of these and none of the staff that we asked even had a clue about the walks. My feeling is that these pamphlets should be removed if these walks are no longer an option.
The food is edible - typical hotel buffet food. Breakfast offering is a bit boring - come on chaps, surely you could zhoosh up your breakfast offering? Can we not offer all guests something not so bland.
No internet at all - in this day and age, no excuses on that one.
The fridge in the room was also not working - reported to reception

There were also a couple of other minor things, which I won't mention here, but which I have included in an email to the Manager.

My point with all of the above is that as beautiful as the complex is, there seems to be a slacking of certain standards, which I find in-excusable.

All in all, it was a lovely visit. The staff are very friendly, and I must make mention of a security guard named Johan, who made a special effort to find me and tell me that my interior car light was on.

A final point, signage on the public roads leading to Casa is non existent. If it wasn't for stopping and asking locals ( we didn't have a GPS in the hire car ) where it was, we would've still been looking for it. We drove through from White River and it was the one thing that all the guests mentioned - lack of signage. Maybe hotel management could take this up with the local authorities.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same. Some have views, most don't,our room looked out into a small garden which ran parallel to main pathway. We didn't spend too much time in the room, so not having a view was fine with us.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
CasaDoSol28, General Manager at aha Casa do Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your overall stay and that you were disappointed with the service that you received.
I can assure you that the comfort and satisfaction of our guests are of utmost importance to us and that all of your constructive feedback will be addressed with the relevant departments to ensure that future guests do not experience the same or similar issues.
I hope to welcome you back to Casa in the near future so we can impress you with the improvements that have been made.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel/resort has very nice grounds and the room (villa) was spacious and had a great little terrace that you could sit back at and enjoy a beer after a hard da on safari.

The restaurant typically served a buffet dinner and were more than happy to organise a breakfast pack if you were leaving early in the morning.

The only negative of the hotel is that if you do not have a car it is difficult to get into town as they do not offer a shuttle service. It was a minor inconvenience as you are pretty tired after a full day in the park and the restaurant is included int he price.

The staff are very friendly and were good fun to have a chat to.

Room Tip: Choose villa 11 it has a great view over the gardens from the terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nic M

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback from our guests about the hotel and staff.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Casa Do Sol in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights before heading to the Kruger National Park (a short half hour drive away). It was like a little piece of paradise with lush gardens, very comfortable rooms, excellent service and very tasty meals. We loved the Spanish style village feel with beautifully laid out walkways and patios. We can't say enough good things about the place. The manager Shaun was very attentive and made us feel very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Namrevlis
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This place is amazing, lost in the middle of the jungle, my only regret is to have stayed there only one night.
The rooms/apartments were huge, with a lovely balcony looking over the jungle and perfect to look at the stars.
It is ideally situated walking distance from the elephant sanctuary, the breakfast was really good and the staff lovely.
I would recommend to anyone who wants to have a real jungle feel!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple