“Agreeable staff”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hazyview
Gilbert, Arizona
“Agreeable staff”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a Spanish theme hotel, hence the name I suppose. Long walks to the garden and dining room, but worth it when you get there. Lovely garden and very nice food in a pleasant room. We were welcome to play cards late into the night in the great room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
CasaDoSol28, General Manager at aha Casa do Sol, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I strive to ensure that every guest is well looked after and that you leave Casa Do Sol feeling relaxed and refreshed. We look forward to welcoming you back to Casa in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 11 March 2014

In 1989 we had our honeymoon at Casa do Sol land vowed we will be back - it took us 25 years, but we decided to have our 2nd honeymoon there - and what a pleasure ,fantastic surroundings and gardens, super friendly staff, amazing food and excellent service. We will be back (again!)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back to Casa Do Sol. It was indeed an honour and a privilege to share in your very special anniversary and we at Casa are only pleased that we were able to create some more wonderful memories for you. We look forward to celebrating your next wedding anniversary with you.
Edenvale, South Africa
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had a wonderful stay. The weather was miserable but the gardens and overall experience certainly made up for it. We have never stayed at a hotel with such beautiful gardens and surroundings. The food was great and the chef was very accommodating to my wife's food allergies. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CasaDoSol28, General Manager at aha Casa do Sol, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. My team and I strive to give our guests a home away from home and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back to Casa Do Sol on your future travels.
Roma
Reviewed 9 February 2014

three nights here, in August. beautiful hotel. excellent staff. I should thank my travel agent who suggest me to stop here. every morming I found my car washed.. Large beautiful room with all sort of confort, big terrace.. what else?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
CasaDoSol28, General Manager at aha Casa do Sol, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Casa Do Sol in the near future.
Kfar Saba, HaMerkaz, Israel
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at the Casa Do Sol on 29th and 31st of December. This hotel is a bizarre combination of excellence and lacks in basic amendments, a strange mélange of beautifully appointed rooms, with lacking breakfast and reception services.

On the whole in South Africa, service is always friendly and super courteous, albeit somehow slow and not always responsive. The reception is gloomy and small, as is their Wi-Fi signal. A respectable hotel these days can not afford to have clients disconnected for the 2 day span they are staying in the hotel. This is a problem that must be rectified, as it’s an integral part of judging hotel’s quality these days.

So in a way it’s like 2 hotels in one. You have the entry and dining area, which resemble more of a 3 star hotel. And then you have the grounds and the rooms, which are 4 star minimum, at times even better. The rooms are beautiful, all built in Spanish style, like a big Hacienda. The suite rooms are huge, well lit, beautiful and spacious. The small private gardens of each room are fabulous, and the surrounding grounds divine.

Don't eat at the hotel, as food is not on par as the rooms, and breakfast really needs to be spiced up!

with all the afore-mentioned, I warmly recommend this hotel for the rooms and grounds. But something must be done with the reception and dining room, and especially with the Wi-Fi, as it is basic and elementary, and at times a major consideration for people to know whether to book a room or not. Wi-Fi should be installed in every room, and not in the lobby. But even if it’s only in the lobby, it should work!

Room Tip: Take the Villa rooms, especially 133 and 123
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
CasaDoSol28, General Manager at aha Casa do Sol, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is always encouraging to read reviews which are both positive and constructive. Please allow me to apologize for the poor WiFi signal which you experienced during you stay. I can assure you that we are working on this and hope to be in a position to offer a vastly improved bandwidth in the very near future. I have noted your concerns about the food and have taken this up with the relevant staff. Your recommendation of our rooms and grounds is much appreciated. Thank you for choosing Casa Do Sol and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel. It is in a wonderful and beautiful environment. Although it needs some maintenance here and there it is worth the money. Hazyview is close by and three entrance gates to the Kruger Park is around the corner. Very worth staying at withe very friendly and competent staff.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jan d
CasaDoSol28, General Manager at aha Casa do Sol, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property.

I have noted your concerns about the maintenance and I can assure you that we are working very hard on eliminating these issues.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Casa Do Sol in the very near future.
st francis bay
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Let me begin by saying that there is so much about Casa that is perfect. The setting, the gardens, most of the staff, the ambience is captivating as a first impression. The gardens are beautiful, the chalets I guess were designed to make one feel as though you are in a quasi Spanish village. Well, for me, and maybe I am wrong, but someone has decided to throw some African decor in as well for good measure, and I don't think it works - but to be fair, who gives a damn about the decor? Most visitors are tourists and my gut feel is that everything about Casa is designed around the tourist dollar - one nighters, pay their bucks and leave.
I was there for two nights this past weekend, part of a wedding weekend for family. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff, offered drinks and our bags trollied up to our rooms. So far so good.
Below are my comments about the rest of the 2 days - bearing in mind that we were tourists in our own country for the weekend and my background in the hospitality industry really makes me look for the detail and maybe even a bit picky.
Room telephone did not work - reported to reception.
Pamphlet in room offering many bush walks from hotel around the property by following the colour coded footprints - hmm, we couldn't find any of these and none of the staff that we asked even had a clue about the walks. My feeling is that these pamphlets should be removed if these walks are no longer an option.
The food is edible - typical hotel buffet food. Breakfast offering is a bit boring - come on chaps, surely you could zhoosh up your breakfast offering? Can we not offer all guests something not so bland.
No internet at all - in this day and age, no excuses on that one.
The fridge in the room was also not working - reported to reception

There were also a couple of other minor things, which I won't mention here, but which I have included in an email to the Manager.

My point with all of the above is that as beautiful as the complex is, there seems to be a slacking of certain standards, which I find in-excusable.

All in all, it was a lovely visit. The staff are very friendly, and I must make mention of a security guard named Johan, who made a special effort to find me and tell me that my interior car light was on.

A final point, signage on the public roads leading to Casa is non existent. If it wasn't for stopping and asking locals ( we didn't have a GPS in the hire car ) where it was, we would've still been looking for it. We drove through from White River and it was the one thing that all the guests mentioned - lack of signage. Maybe hotel management could take this up with the local authorities.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same. Some have views, most don't,our room looked out into a small...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
CasaDoSol28, General Manager at aha Casa do Sol, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your overall stay and that you were disappointed with the service that you received.
I can assure you that the comfort and satisfaction of our guests are of utmost importance to us and that all of your constructive feedback will be addressed with the relevant departments to ensure that future guests do not experience the same or similar issues.
I hope to welcome you back to Casa in the near future so we can impress you with the improvements that have been made.