“excellent!”

and 1 more site!
Plumbago Guest House
Ranked #2 of 22 Hazyview B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a nice peaceful, warm welcoming place. So much attention for details, Ilara and Robbie care for their guests and have hospitality in their veins. Only thing we would have appreciated was a shower curtain, as we had to shower in the bath and everything went wet. Great place to start your day trip to the amazing environment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Plum1mp, Owner at Plumbago Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Rita W
Hello Again :-)
apologies for this very very long delay in relying to your time spent on Trip Advisor writing a review for us all at Plumbago - somehow I missed a couple of pending reviews I am so sorry.
nice to touch base again - after so long ...
your words are much appreciated -- taken to heart and noted in the Staff meetings as well.
The comments make such an impression on the Ladies that work so hard to take care of you - thank you for this!

There are newer reviews for Plumbago Guest House

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I chose Plumbago when looking at Summerfield's and the Protea and someone had mentioned them in a review. And I'm glad I did. I found it completely delightful. Ilara and Robbie are wonderful and I left feeling like I had new friends.

I'm not a huge fan of Guest Houses as they often are noisy for me as I am sensitive and a light sleeper. But here, I loved that the King bed suites 1 & 2 are in a building by themselves away from the main house. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated and had everything you want and need. The bed was really comfortable and the shower had amazing water pressure.

I was made to feel at home and offered everything from being able to watch TV or to have a fire built in the fireplace so I could read a book or even a spontaneous toasted sandwich or salad if I didn't want a big dinner. I found everything to be very thoughtful and but not smothering.

I also liked the location just 10KMs out of town. It is a beautiful drive and very quick and found it easy to dash into town for dinner.

It does seem to be a bit higher priced than other similar type accommodations in the area, however I believe it is warranted as it is definitely 5* by SA standards and everything is immaculate and impeccable.

I will definitely stay here again if I need accommodations in the Hazyview area.

Room Tip: Suites 1 and 2 are in their own building away from the house. Suite 3 is under the house with a walk...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nemophilist

Dear Menophilist

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our stay here was great, the place is so lovely, a warm welcome, the bedroom very comfortable with a king size bed, we really feel at home. Ilara and Robbie are so nice, with very good advice on where to go and what to do, Ilara's cuisine is great...even the outside and the vue on the Kruger Park are amazing... everything was perfect during our stay, we surely come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Hugues C

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was our fourth return...it is like home from home. Mike is amazing and very knowledgeable. We brought our friends from Scotland with us this time. Plumbago is an ideal place to stay.......close to everything.

We will always be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sarah & David M

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Words are not enough to describe this little bit of paradise .. To say it was fit for a King would be an understatement .. To say we will be back is guaranteed .. Luxury .. relaxation combined with such amazing attention to even the smallest of detail topped off with mouth watering cuisine .. What can I say but pack you bags .. Thank you Ilara and Robbie for such a memorable experience ..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I thought the reviews that I have read here at tripadvisor about this place were a bit too good to be true - but I was wrong! I, my husband, our little daughter and my parents just recently spent two nights at Plumbago and it is really something extra -more than a guest house. It is a place to relax and be pampered by the wonderful hosts, the excellent food (don't even consider going to some boring place in Hazyview when you can have dinner here!) and the great views. Because there are only three suites, you have even more the feeling of being pampered and all the rooms are at a convenient distance from the main building which allows for additional privacy. The household pets are also adorable and add to the good spirits around..
Wish to come back soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Flybvan

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Every aspect of our stay surpassed expectations, from the setting, to the accommodations and the food. On top of all that, our hosts were engaging, informative and very caring. Highly recommended. From a couple in NY.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple