Plumbago Guest House
aha Casa do Sol(Hazyview)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Aan de Vliet(Hazyview)(Great Value!)
US$57
Highgrove House(Hazyview)
US$424
US$222
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfresh flowerskruger national parkpanorama routeperfect hostsdecanter of sherryturn down servicelittle touchessouth africamoment you arrivesparkling poolfriendly dogswarm hospitalitylittle piece of heavencooked breakfastvery special placehazyview arearental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ilara and Robbie have been very nice and made our stay just wonderful.
We stayed 2 Days. That was perfect for doing the paradise route near by.

If there is a chance to come back we would be pleased to stay at plumbago again.
Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Plum1mp, Owner at Plumbago Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear MarkMuck
Hello Again :-)
apologies for this very very long delay in relying to your time spent on Trip Advisor writing a review for us all at Plumbago - somehow I missed a couple of pending reviews I am so sorry.
nice to touch base again - after so long ...
your words are much appreciated -- taken to heart and noted in the Staff meetings as well.
The comments make such an impression on the Ladies that work so hard to take care of you - thank you for this!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a nice peaceful, warm welcoming place. So much attention for details, Ilara and Robbie care for their guests and have hospitality in their veins. Only thing we would have appreciated was a shower curtain, as we had to shower in the bath and everything went wet. Great place to start your day trip to the amazing environment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rita W

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I chose Plumbago when looking at Summerfield's and the Protea and someone had mentioned them in a review. And I'm glad I did. I found it completely delightful. Ilara and Robbie are wonderful and I left feeling like I had new friends.

I'm not a huge fan of Guest Houses as they often are noisy for me as I am sensitive and a light sleeper. But here, I loved that the King bed suites 1 & 2 are in a building by themselves away from the main house. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated and had everything you want and need. The bed was really comfortable and the shower had amazing water pressure.

I was made to feel at home and offered everything from being able to watch TV or to have a fire built in the fireplace so I could read a book or even a spontaneous toasted sandwich or salad if I didn't want a big dinner. I found everything to be very thoughtful and but not smothering.

I also liked the location just 10KMs out of town. It is a beautiful drive and very quick and found it easy to dash into town for dinner.

It does seem to be a bit higher priced than other similar type accommodations in the area, however I believe it is warranted as it is definitely 5* by SA standards and everything is immaculate and impeccable.

I will definitely stay here again if I need accommodations in the Hazyview area.

Room Tip: Suites 1 and 2 are in their own building away from the house. Suite 3 is under the house with a walkout entrance to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nemophilist

Dear Menophilist

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our stay here was great, the place is so lovely, a warm welcome, the bedroom very comfortable with a king size bed, we really feel at home. Ilara and Robbie are so nice, with very good advice on where to go and what to do, Ilara's cuisine is great...even the outside and the vue on the Kruger Park are amazing... everything was perfect during our stay, we surely come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Hugues C

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was our fourth return...it is like home from home. Mike is amazing and very knowledgeable. We brought our friends from Scotland with us this time. Plumbago is an ideal place to stay.......close to everything.

We will always be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sarah & David M