“Just Perfect!”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hazyview B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Just Perfect!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a fantastic relaxing time at Plumbago. Its so nice and welcoming. I could recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone. Ilara is a star and the dogs and cat too. We would definitely go back again.

Thanks a million,
Chris

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This place is just fantastic. We stayed for 4 nights in suite 1 and it could hardly have been better. Lovely warm welcome, great accommodation and super breakfast and dinners. Ilena made us feel like royalty. Could not recommend this place more highly. We will definitely be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Holland
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have visited Plumbago often in the last 5 years. Ilara and Robbie truly understand the hospitality industry and are kind and generous hosts. Nothing is too much trouble and their attention for details is amazing.
The guest house has wonderful views of the surrounding area and there is a relaxed atmosphere to it. The rooms/cottages are set in a lovely garden and offer lots of privacy. They are spotless, spacious and comfortable.
The breakfast on the veranda is sumptuous and so is dinner (you’d have to let Ilara know in advance). No wonder I keep going back…..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ilara and Robbie have been very nice and made our stay just wonderful.
We stayed 2 Days. That was perfect for doing the paradise route near by.

If there is a chance to come back we would be pleased to stay at plumbago again.
Thank you for everything.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a nice peaceful, warm welcoming place. So much attention for details, Ilara and Robbie care for their guests and have hospitality in their veins. Only thing we would have appreciated was a shower curtain, as we had to shower in the bath and everything went wet. Great place to start your day trip to the amazing environment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I chose Plumbago when looking at Summerfield's and the Protea and someone had mentioned them in a review. And I'm glad I did. I found it completely delightful. Ilara and Robbie are wonderful and I left feeling like I had new friends.

I'm not a huge fan of Guest Houses as they often are noisy for me as I am sensitive and a light sleeper. But here, I loved that the King bed suites 1 & 2 are in a building by themselves away from the main house. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated and had everything you want and need. The bed was really comfortable and the shower had amazing water pressure.

I was made to feel at home and offered everything from being able to watch TV or to have a fire built in the fireplace so I could read a book or even a spontaneous toasted sandwich or salad if I didn't want a big dinner. I found everything to be very thoughtful and but not smothering.

I also liked the location just 10KMs out of town. It is a beautiful drive and very quick and found it easy to dash into town for dinner.

It does seem to be a bit higher priced than other similar type accommodations in the area, however I believe it is warranted as it is definitely 5* by SA standards and everything is immaculate and impeccable.

I will definitely stay here again if I need accommodations in the Hazyview area.

Room Tip: Suites 1 and 2 are in their own building away from the house. Suite 3 is under the house with a walk...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nemophilist
Saint Denis De La Réunion, France
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our stay here was great, the place is so lovely, a warm welcome, the bedroom very comfortable with a king size bed, we really feel at home. Ilara and Robbie are so nice, with very good advice on where to go and what to do, Ilara's cuisine is great...even the outside and the vue on the Kruger Park are amazing... everything was perfect during our stay, we surely come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple