“Wonderful stay at Plumbago guest house”

Plumbago Guest House
Ranked #2 of 23 Hazyview B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Plumbago guest house outside of Hazyview was absolutely spectacular! The setting was breathtaking, with an amazing view of the Kruger National Park in the distance. The suite was amazing and offered everything one would expect for a 5 star accommodation. Illara and Robbie were wonderful and made us quite simply, feel right at home. The attention to detail in the room and bathroom was beyond belief. Our hosts went the extra mile to make use feel welcome at at home, even going so far as to offer us extra rugby tickets for the Springbok test against Wales in Nelspruit! I highly recommend Plumbago guest house to any traveler looking for a perfect and serene place to stay!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Plum1mp, Owner at Plumbago Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Rossi19938
apologies for the delay in relying to your time spent on Trip Advisor writing a review for us all at Plumbago - somehow I missed some pending reviews I am so sorry.
nice to touch base again - after so long ...
your words are much appreciated -- taken to heart and noted in the Staff meetings as well.
The comments make such an impression on the Ladies that work so hard to take care of you - thank you for this!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a fantastic relaxing time at Plumbago. Its so nice and welcoming. I could recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone. Ilara is a star and the dogs and cat too. We would definitely go back again.

Thanks a million,
Chris

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris S

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This place is just fantastic. We stayed for 4 nights in suite 1 and it could hardly have been better. Lovely warm welcome, great accommodation and super breakfast and dinners. Ilena made us feel like royalty. Could not recommend this place more highly. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Julian M
Hello Again :-)
apologies for this very very long delay in relying to your time spent on Trip Advisor writing a review for us all at Plumbago - somehow I missed a couple of pending reviews I am so sorry.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have visited Plumbago often in the last 5 years. Ilara and Robbie truly understand the hospitality industry and are kind and generous hosts. Nothing is too much trouble and their attention for details is amazing.
The guest house has wonderful views of the surrounding area and there is a relaxed atmosphere to it. The rooms/cottages are set in a lovely garden and offer lots of privacy. They are spotless, spacious and comfortable.
The breakfast on the veranda is sumptuous and so is dinner (you’d have to let Ilara know in advance). No wonder I keep going back…..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ilara and Robbie have been very nice and made our stay just wonderful.
We stayed 2 Days. That was perfect for doing the paradise route near by.

If there is a chance to come back we would be pleased to stay at plumbago again.
Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MarkMuck

Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a nice peaceful, warm welcoming place. So much attention for details, Ilara and Robbie care for their guests and have hospitality in their veins. Only thing we would have appreciated was a shower curtain, as we had to shower in the bath and everything went wet. Great place to start your day trip to the amazing environment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rita W

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I chose Plumbago when looking at Summerfield's and the Protea and someone had mentioned them in a review. And I'm glad I did. I found it completely delightful. Ilara and Robbie are wonderful and I left feeling like I had new friends.

I'm not a huge fan of Guest Houses as they often are noisy for me as I am sensitive and a light sleeper. But here, I loved that the King bed suites 1 & 2 are in a building by themselves away from the main house. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated and had everything you want and need. The bed was really comfortable and the shower had amazing water pressure.

I was made to feel at home and offered everything from being able to watch TV or to have a fire built in the fireplace so I could read a book or even a spontaneous toasted sandwich or salad if I didn't want a big dinner. I found everything to be very thoughtful and but not smothering.

I also liked the location just 10KMs out of town. It is a beautiful drive and very quick and found it easy to dash into town for dinner.

It does seem to be a bit higher priced than other similar type accommodations in the area, however I believe it is warranted as it is definitely 5* by SA standards and everything is immaculate and impeccable.

I will definitely stay here again if I need accommodations in the Hazyview area.

Room Tip: Suites 1 and 2 are in their own building away from the house. Suite 3 is under the house with a walk...