“Lovely dinner - super hosts”

Hamilton’s Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Malelane
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Named after the first warden of the Kruger National Park Col. James Stevenson Hamilton. Hamiltons offers a Relaxed atmosphere with a colonial touch. Open from 9am offering Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week. The ala cart menu is sesonal, with options from home made Pasta, Bunny Chow and Burger through to deboned Chicken, well matured Sirlon and Prawns. To compliment the menu there is an extensive Wine list.Hamiltons is available for functions and does outside catering, to avoid disapointment it is advisable to make a reservation.We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great dinner and felt very welcome. Food was very enjoyable, wine superb. Also the waiters made the dining very enjoyable.

2  Thank Sandra M
trevor T, Owner at Hamilton’s Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

thank you for your great review, we really appreciate the good comments!

There are newer reviews for Hamilton’s Restaurant

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We arrived at Hamiltons after a game drive having booked a table for 8. The restaurant was empty (only one other table). Most of what we ordered was not available, one duck left, no lambs neck, no line fish, no apple crumble, only one chocolate brownie left etc etc.
The staff thought it was funny and there was no sign of management or the owners around. I sent the owner Trevor a note, and the reply was not service orientated and he made no attempt to appease a loyal regular patron.
This restaurant has lost its edge, and dare I say, the owners have become complacent.
Such a shame, was our favorite treat while staying at Leopard Creek

1  Thank 70Rob

Apologies for your bad experience, we will strive to improve the attitude of the person involved.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I ate here 1 night after spending the day at Kruger Park.
Its situated just outside Malelane gate.
The service was very good and matched by the food.
There were a lot of locals here who seemed to be moaning about nothing.
Perhaps they should try living in a shanty town in this country and then they would count their blessings
Will return when next in the area

1  Thank John1000580423
trevor T, Owner at Hamilton’s Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

thank you so much for coming to Hamilton's, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fairly good restaurant with Italian oriented kitchen. Good quality.

One of the few good restaurants open on Sunday's.

trevor T, Owner at Hamilton’s Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

thank you for visiting us! we really appreciate your support!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Maybe we came on a bad night but Hamiltons wasn't the restaurant I remember from 2007-2009. The food was still good but the service on that night was absolutely horrendous. I brought my lady along for her birthday dinner and was disappointed overall.

The waiter was scarce and mostly unavailable, despite my constant motioning to him. I had to ask him to light our candle 3 times because he kept forgetting the lighter. When we ordered our food he got the pizza ingredients wrong and served me a pizza with chicken livers instead of chicken and then to top it all off he tried to charge me for the incorrect ingredient even though I had told him that I would accept the pizza but didn't want to be charged for the livers.

On the plus side the food was still great and the low-lit ambience is wonderful for romantic occasions. This is a good example of how bad service can spoil an otherwise good restaurant.