“Wild Journeys in expert hands”
Review of Wild Journeys

Wild Journeys
Ranked #5 of 12 Tours in Nelspruit
Toronto
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wild Journeys in expert hands”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

From start to finish the handling of our wonderful adventure in South Africa, Botswana and Zambia was first class. And it was all tailor made, focussing on our priorities and the kinds of places we wanted to see. We went with two friends and experienced unexpected and fabulous surprises at every turn. We cannot recommend Carl and Pat highly enough and will certainly use them again because there is no question we want to go back! Highlights: the Naledi Bush Camp for truly authentic wild life safaris ( no buses, no crowding) and for their superb hospitality, the Utopia Guest House in Nelspruit where we could have spent weeks instead of one all too short night, Chobe national park in Botswana. But every moment of the trip was a moment to remember!

Visited October 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Trip of Lifetime - Thanks to Carl at Wild Journeys”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I booked my trip to Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe with Carl at Wild Journeys. He was excellent. Very knowledgeable, patient and always would get back to me in a very timely manner. As a female travelling solo I was a bit nervous before my trip. He assured me I would be fine . I realized when I got there I had nothing to worry about. The trip went very smoothly. My drivers were always there to meet me. The safari was amazing. I told Carl what I wanted to see and do he chose Botswana - and I'm so glad he did. It was incredible. We saw the Big Five and then some.
I'm already planning a trip back to Africa and will definitely be booking with Wild Journeys.

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Wild Journeys - Trip of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We used Pat and Carl at Wild Journeys to book out trip to South Africa, Zambia and Botswana. They were fantastic! We told them exactly what we wanted and they provided us with some recommendations on places to visit and accommodations. We reviewed the info and decided where we wanted to stay and for how long...that is the beauty of working with them as you can customize your vacation. Most important to us was a small tour and we got exactly that...many tours we were the only people in the van so were able to stop where we wanted and had more flexibility. All of the accommodation was exceptional as was the food! We were away for 18 days in total and it was the trip of a lifetime...I am still talking about it after being home for a month. I would highly recommend using Wild Journeys for any vacations to Africa!

Pickering, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wild Journeys, Kingston, Ontario, Canada”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Planning to visit South Africa? Contact Carl at Wild Journeys, Safaris in Africa, and you will have a trip of a lifetime. Carl will help you plan, customize and takes care of all arrangements for you, right down to the minor details so you can enjoy your travel trouble free. You will not find another South Africa travel specialist as knowledgeable, helpful and professional as Carl.

Thank you Carl for a memorable trip to South Africa
Joe and Kathryn, Pickering, Ontario

1 Thank JKFARR
Hartford, Connecticut
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience. Great Job Wild Journeys!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I actually found Wild Journeys through raving reviews from other travelers on Trip Advisor. we looked at Abercrombie & Kent as well as Micato and felt the packages these two tour companies offered were not exactly what we wanted from our African safari experience. After speaking with Carl and discussing what my wife and I wanted to see and do Carl put together a recommended travel itinerary with at least two choices at each destination. The best part for me, was that my wife left the details of the planning all up to me. I loved watching her amazed reaction every day. It was a blast! Every day my wife and I would look at each other and either we would be grinning from ear to ear or laughing out loud loving every minute of this dream vacation.

The cost of the trip was well below what the high-end tour companies would have charged and that allowed us to upgrade to more exclusive private reserves with expert guides, outstanding wildlife viewing, excellent dining and amazing rooms. One of our criteria was to stay in small camps with a limited number of guest so that we could have a more intimate safari experience.

We traveled to Cape Town, Kruger National Park, Botswana and finally Victoria Falls. The entire vacation ran flawlessly as far as the punctuality of guides meeting with us, travel between camps and their professionalism. I would not hesitate to recommend Wild Journeys to anyone wishing to undertake travel to South Africa.