Bundu Lodge
US$88
US$76
US$163
bedfinder
Panorama Guest Farm(Nelspruit)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$131
US$110
SUN1 Nelspruit(Nelspruit)
US$45
All reviewsanimals walkingfarm animalswhite riverthank you so muchpleasant stayfriends and familyswimming poolbeautiful placerooms are spaciousexcellent servicepeacockslodgeconferenceweddingvenuelowveldenvironment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I must have been given one of the worst rooms (room 77), which is located in the same block as the reception. Luckily it was just a quick one-night last minute thing, but I got a terrible nights sleep. There were things flying in my face during the night and no mosquito nets, I might recommend they install those. I was surrounded by all manner of wildlife- spiders. winged creatures, creepy crawlies, and even (literally) a slug in the bathtub. I wanted to spend as little time possible in the bathroom as it was in terrible condition, not to mention the giant spider cowering in the shadows of the shower curtain. I was kept awake by what sounded like mating peacocks outside, starting at about 4am. I get that they have the wildlife theme but I doubt people want this in their room- I would venture to guess people actually want to sleep in there. I would seriously stay away from this place unless you are some kind of insect researcher. Only two fuzzy channels on the TV, no remote or air/con. The only positive that I can give is that the room was close enough to the restaurant to pick up the free wifi. Saving grace, really.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 77 unless you are looking to add to your insect or spider collection.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I booked my self in at the Bundu lodge, as I always stay there and this time I was really seriously disappointed, there were a few problems that I feel was bad management I stayed in room 65. the aircon does not cool its just a fan, the toilet was leaking and stinking. the food I ordered a pizza from the restaurant and it tasted like a sea from all the salt it had on. I used to inform all my friend and family and companies to stay there but I doubt I will now. this is very sad to see this happening to this lodge.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I recently stayed at Bundu Lodge and the rooms are shocking!! I would not advise this place to anyone. Don't be fooled by the beautiful rooms you see on their website, as those are not the rooms you receive when you book. I didn't expect a 5 star lodge, but I also didn't think that the price we paid justified ripped curtains and bedding with holes in it - never mind the lack of pillows! No air conditioning, Smelly bathrooms, and overall disgusting. They will never see me again. I feel like I was put in the servants quarters, and when I complained they never replied.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Very nice and refreshing enviroment with tamed animals roaming around lol had a peacock that turned my balcony into its own teritory woke me up every morning,the room was very clean with thatch roof and the aircon unit was far from the bed so you could sleep with the aircon on. The restaurant has very well mannered waitrons and they do try to make you feel at home. Very centrally located between nelspruit and White river and Kruger national i wouldnt mind staying at Bundu again in future was worth it.

Room Tip: Thatched roof units are the best
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Teffo
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Loved our stay at Bundu. Fantastic location, service and atmosphere. Kids loved the animals. Would def be going back soon!!

Friendly service and very helpful. Good facilities and very neat and clean. Close to lots of attractions not just in Nelspruit but also towards White River and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: July 2013