“Like home away from home”

La Villa Vita Nelspruit
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Nelspruit
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have the pleasure of staying here about 4 times a year for the past few years, and I wouldn't choose to go any where else. After trying many places in Nelspruit, nothing tops being able to stay here. I love being welcomed with a friendly smile and being told " its lovely to see you again". The personal touches, exceptional food and outstanding customer service is what makes La Villa Vita the best place to stay in Nelspruit. The staff here treat you like part of the family and nothing is ever too much to ask. Thank you for making each trip an absolute pleasure and I look forward to coming here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bonitanichols

Reviewed 6 October 2013

A big thank you to Terry, Ouseun, Willie and Felicia who made our stay wonderful.

The rooms, decor and gardens are outstanding! The sundowner patio a dream, the boma area outside - quaint and relaxing.

You can relax fully, you are taken care of and staff go out of their way to make you feel at home.

We had dinner with friends and the food was very well prepared. The wine list is good. We sat at the fire till late on the outside patio. Staff checked on if regularly, making sure we had all we needed.

This really is a dream place and we enjoyed every minute of our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully done - junior suites are small but adequate for a short stay. The rooms a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay with this place. The luxury rooms were exactly that! Luxurious in every detail. The staff were great and the service commendable. I really felt at home and will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I absolutely loved this place.

The accommodation is comfortable, luxurious......the food is out of this world and the surroundings - thumbs up!

The personal service provided and general attitude of personnel are professional and commendable.

You'd be missing out on a very special experience if you don't stay at La Villa Vita!

I would recommend La Villa Vita to anyone travelling to Nelspruit.

Room Tip: Room 4 - Excellent view, spacious, luxurious
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A perfect destination on a busy busy trip - so nice to check in, kick off my shoes and get working on my email. Beautiful rooms, you were really thinking about everything! Food was perfect. When we asked for normal batteries that was even attended to! Love the style, love the decor - will definitely be back for business and pleasure!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Unfortunately we could only get a booking for 1 night as it was fully booked the following day. We would stay for 10 nights next time as the setting is Beautiful, the service is impeccable, the meals were scrumptiously delicious and we will recommend La Villa Vita to everyone we see!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was a beautiful place with lots of potential with nice comfortable rooms. Just beware of leaving valuables in room as money was taken out of my wallet during the turn down service in the evening while we were at dinner. On checkout the next morning when I reported the stolen money (which I am 100% sure about as I stopped at the ATM on my way to the Hotel) I was told it would be investigated and they would contact me with findings, no attempt has been made to contact me to date. This is very disappointing as I put off writing a bad review giving them time to at least apologize if nothing else. Also the pre booked Jacuzzi was barely warm so we could not utilize it at all yet were charged for it anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Anita B
jantivanzyl, Owner at La Villa Vita Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Anita B,

Thank you for your visit to our small hotel and taking time to comment on the experience. We are happy to see that you found the place beautiful and the rooms nice and comfortable. La Villa Vita Nelspruit has indeed become quite popular. We are now changing one of the rooms into a “King’s Room” which would be something truly special.

Regarding the possible event of theft: Our manager mistakenly thought that you were Not entirely convinced that the cash was indeed left open in the room. She notified me about the complaint but we obviously had no way to determine if the staff that conducted the turn-down took the three hundred odd rand, or if this was an honest mistake by our valued guest. Seeing that this was the first ever such occurrence we could not do much about the matter other than to again press on staff to ask guests to put valuables in their safes! (One is provided in each room). What else could we truly do under these circumstances? To fire a longstanding staff member after the first ever such occurrence on the word of an unknown person would be truly without conscious. No, the only mistake I think we made is not calling you, our valued guest, to provide feedback on the matter after the event. Not following up with our valued guests about such a negative occurrence was an inexcusable error on our part for which I strongly reprimanded our management and for which I herewith submit our sincere apologies.

Yours faithfully
Janti (& Karen) van Zyl
Owners
+27 83 454 4954

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nelspruit
Protea Hotel by Marriott Nelspruit
#2 of 9 in White River
Chill Pepper Boutique Hotel
Chill Pepper Boutique Hotel
#4 of 18 in Nelspruit

Been to La Villa Vita Nelspruit? Share your experiences!