“Excellent Service”

Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Nelspruit
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dear Saffron customers, We are sorry to inform you that we will close Saffron Restaurant temporarily as of Wednesday, 11th October 2017 until further notice. We need to appoint new management which makes it impossible for the restaurant to serve customers during this period. We do apologies for any inconvenience caused. Chez Vincent Management.
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The service was great I enjoyed the whole experience. My first time eating tapas and I was impressed. Also a wide veriaty of beer...

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We've recently visit Nelspruit and dined at Saffron four times during our stay there. On our first evening we joined a group of guests for a wine tasting - food and wine was pared perfectly. We had a wide selection of tapas over the next three evenings.. fresh mussels, cured duck with avo, prawn tempura, risotto with blue cheese and wild mushrooms, fresh linefish, just to name a few. Very good service that added to four fantastic evenings.

1  Thank AdeleJoubert
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Fine atmosphere with a log fire to welcome us. Attentive service and good advice from Steve and the staff. Our first visit to the restaurant and, I have to admit, the concept of tapas! The food was excellent, the choice wide and the whole evening a pleasurable journey of sampling,at very reasonable cost, combinations you would probably never attempt at home. My wife is vegetarian and has found in this establishment somewhere to eat in Nelspruit that doesn't involve a simple choice of pasta or salad! A fine place to enjoy food in a relaxed atmosphere. We shall be back.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Best food in Nelspruit hands down. Steve is a wonderful owner and host and never ceases to amaze with excellent wine and food suggestions. A definite must for anyone visiting Nelspruit that appreciated good food!

Steve M, Owner at Saffron Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi Keeve, thank you for the positive feedback. It is always a pleasure having you here and hope to see you here again soon. You should really experience one of our wine pairings, I know you will appreciate it. Take care

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I'm a bit surprised to see this restaurant voted the best in Nelspruit. Yes the food is excellent but you may be left a little hungry and your pocket very empty after a meal here. But an enjoyable dinning experience non the less.

Hi Seth, thank you for taking the trouble to comment on Tripadvisor, and I'm pleased you enjoyed the food. I am concerned, however, about your feeling of Saffron being overpriced. The average spend per person here is well below R200, excluding tip, so, without knowing when you were here, and what you ordered, it's difficult to know how to respond. I have to say that tapas is the most flexible way of eating, giving you control of how much you eat, and therefore how much you spend. If you left feeling hungry you didn't order enough!! Were you here perhaps with a group that had pre ordered a menu? I would really appreciate the opportunity of welcoming you back and guiding you through the menu to ensure you are well satisfied. Feel free to contact me to arrange.
Thanks again and all the best, Steve