“Pork and potatoes”

Ranked #11 of 85 Restaurants in Nelspruit
Cuisines: Portuguese
“Pork and potatoes”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Pork I had was terrible. It wasn't not fresh at all. I wonder how this place rated so high according to Trip Advisor. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

2 Thank Mike R

“Great new Portuguese option”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

O Espeto only opened recently and already I have eaten there three times. As someone who spent many childhood holidays in the old Mozambique back in the late Sixties and early Seventies I have fond memories of good Portuguese food, and particularly great peri peri chicken. At last Nelspruit, so close to Mozambique yet seemingly so far, has a good Portuguese food option! I have to admit I gave only eaten the peri peri chicken here, and it has been excellent. My dining companions have tried the prawns peri peri ( excellent by all accounts) and the house specials, espetada, either beef or chicken. Good value, friendly service, and, at time of writing, BYO wines as their liquor license is not yet through. I prefer BYO anyway, don't mind paying corkage, and like to choose the wine I want to drink from my own sizeable cellar.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Daryl B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best portuguese restaurant in Nelspruit”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Best Espetada, real portuguese food very difficult to find service like this, here u get it all, a big bonus is their bolo do caco made just like my mother used to make in Madeira. Definitely going back.

Visited August 2013