“Heritage Tours and St. Lucia”

Heritage Day Tours & Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: Heritage tours & Safaris was established by people that LOVE wildlife. Family owned and proudly South African, our aim has always been to enthusiastically share that love and passion with all the satisfied tourists that have been though our hands.Heritage Tours & Safaris offers the widest range of Big 5 Safaris, night drives, hippo and croc cruises and Whale Watching.Our safaris/activities are not only affordable but also offer our guests a value-filled product with a personal touch.We invite you to find out for yourself what sets us apart as a safari company.
Reviewed 22 August 2013

St. Lucia has been on my wife's bucket list for a number of years. We were very fortunate to pick Heritage Tours as our service provider.
I am sure we were not the easiest client to deal with but Mandy was very patient in answering all our questions. That made it easy for us to decide who to choose to tour with.
The whole package put together by Heritage more than met our expectations. Heritage offered to pick us up at the airport but because of our other travel plans we elected to self drive, the accommodation was 1st class, the guides on all 4 tours were exceptional and extremely knowledgeable.
I have no hesitation in recommending St. Lucia and particularly Heritage to the world. We are looking forward to our next trip to SA and revisiting St. Lucia through Heritage.
Michael and Louise

1  Thank Michael J
Quentin M, Owner at Heritage Day Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

What a delightful review thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor.

Regards

"go the extra mile"
"nice breakfast"
"durban airport"

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We visited St Lucia during the weekend commencing 2 August 2013. Our family is South African and we decided, on this visit back, to fit in a visit to this scenic part of KZN. Having read previous reviews, I decided to contact Heritage, while still in the UK, to organise some activities. Mandy was very patient and extremely accommodating, putting up with my many questions. The half day safari was event filled and our guide 'Kxholani' was knowledgeable and clearly enjoys his job. Again, he was very patient and answered our many questions. We even spotted a wild dog and lions crossing the river.

Mandy accommodated my request to add more family members to the Hippo and Croc Cruise. Even though it was rearranged with an alternate provider, it was very good with a guide who was possessed of a wicked but excellent sense of humour.

Thank you to Mandy and the Heritage team for making our experience so fulfilling.

1  Thank Roshini M

As any safari specialist we cannot express our thanks for the great review with regards to your experience while out with us.

Kind regards
The Heritage Team

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have recently returned from a visit to SA with a group of 14 from a school in the UK. After doing some community work in Pietermaritzburg, we treated ourselves to the 2 night package in St Lucia. Heritage tours were fantastic in organising the whole stay for us, from picking us up, providing accommodation, which was good as well as a packed itinerary that included, boat trip, night drive and full day safari with our guides, Stacy and David, who were excellent and very knowledgeable. More importantly, this was all done on a budget! They even organised the transport back to the airport.
Mandy in the Heritage office, was very helpful and accommodating when organising the trip, for a group visit over the internet. I have been really impressed and would defiantly use them again.

Pete
Bedford

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The best service in St-Lucia! Central located. Very good guides, clean vehicles, and the best boot trip on the lake! They go the extra mile to keep their clients more than happy!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I found Heritage Tours on the internet by chance and was happy to see the positive reviews about them on this site so booked the 3 day tour as it had a variety of activities on offer.
Heritage were very accommodating, collecting us from where we live in Durban and also reorganising some of our itinerary as it rained heavily the day we arrived.
Unfortunately it was rather cold and wet on our game drive but our guide Bryan did his up most to make the trip worthwhile, found us some decent animal viewing nevertheless and us provided with lots of blankets, heavy duty raincoats and a wonderful braai for lunch!
Thankfully the weather dried up for our night drive later than evening and the sun came out for our Cape Vidal and sunset boat trip the next day. We enjoyed it all so much that we stayed an extra night so we could go on another game drive and we were not disappointed. I got the elephant viewing i was desperate for and now I cant work out which is more magical, sunset from St Lucia or sunrise over Hluluwe-iMfolozi!
This was my first safari experience and i have to say i was overwhelmed. I came for the animals but I took away so much more. Dramatic landscapes, beautiful vistas and friendly and knowledgeable locals make this little part of Africa a must see and i recommend seeing it with Heritage!
A big thanks to Bryan, Theo, Sipiwe and the captain of the Shoreline boat who educated us, entertained us and made our trip thoroughly memorable and enjoyable. I hope I can come back very soon!