“My "beef burger with bacon and a slice of cheese" place!”
Review of The Dros

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Dros
Ranked #13 of 16 Restaurants in Secunda
Cuisines: Contemporary
Johannesburg, South Africa
“My "beef burger with bacon and a slice of cheese" place!”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

For over two years I visited this establishment at least every Tuesday night, but quite often more frequently ! Most always I had the above for dinner. It is a great place to chill and hang. But ask if they have any draft beer, if that is what you are looking for before you sit down, as they regularly run out.

Dros in Secunda is part of my found memories of Mpumalanga, South Africa. When back there I am sure I will be visiting them again.

• Visited January 2012

Durban, South Africa
“Not great”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

A good spot for a few beers but to eat? Not so much. We were a party of 12. Three had ribs and said they were good. The rest had fish, or calamari or pizza's which were all awful. Sent them back and had them taken off the bill. Service was also slow. Thankfully, the company was good as was the wine.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great evening - shock then delight”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Had a wonderful evening at the Dros in Secunda in November. I had the lamb chops and was absolutely delighted with the meal.

Service from Ben was top-notch and a great evening was had by all. Bill was settled and 4 days later it was noted that an additional R200 was added onto the card over and above the R150 tip given. Possibly a misunderstanding from Ben. Complained to the manager, Andrew and I submitted the invoice for his perusal. Money refunded into my account.

Great atmosphere and I will go back, even just to experience Ben's service again.

• Visited November 2012
Gauteng, South Africa
“Worst Service in Secunda”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

It was a Sunday afternoon, my family went there for Sunday Lunch, we waited for menus for overe 15 minutes by the time we got it we were already not pleased, the place was not full, and when we asked the waiter why we were not assisted, he told us we are not the only customers in the restaurant, then we asked to see a Manager who was also very rude to us when we told him about the waiter's attitude. Overall in Secunda if you are not of a certain race you get a very bad service. From the waiter to the Manager who was on duty that Sunday we got a very bad service and response when we complained!!!!

Visited September 2012
Secunda
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service very poor”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Our order were taken but after quite a while no food were returned. Upon request the waiter said that he did not submit the order. I informed him to leave the order and left the restaurant. Never ever to return.

1 Thank Frik P