“Ok place to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kokopelli - CLOSED

Kokopelli
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Pretoria, South Africa
“Ok place to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Have eaten there a number of times.
Service is OK.
Menu not too big, I tend to stick to the chicken meals
You can sit in the noisy area on the deck or the quieter back area.
They sometime have a singer who can be extremely irritating - like a record stuck in a groove.

Visited May 2013

Edenvale, South Africa
“Good Mexican Tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have eaten here 3 times and have not been disappointed. They have a nice selection of Mexican dishes- we order a mixture of different dishes and share them- the dishes are served with plenty bread which is great for mopping up all the sauces. Last Tuesday they had a singer which added to the vibe of the evening. I wouldn't recommend the Tuesday Mexican special of eat as much as you can as the items on this menu are very limited and most of them contain a lot of cheese- its better to make your own selection of tapas. All in all a very pleasant evening out

• Visited May 2013
Rojales, Spain
“Different!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

My daughter took me here for my Birthday. The tapas are fabulous! I love being able to choose from a variety of foods, so Kokopelli's is the perfect place for that. The waiter was very entertaining and gave us a good giggle and as it was my Birthday I received a lovely cocktail to go with dinner.

Visited October 2012
Nelspruit, South Africa
“Always a good time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Kokopelli is a casual bistro/tapas style restaurant that is in a great location just outside White River town. It has a huge outdoor wooden deck for summer, which works well in winter as well when it is closed in and decorated with braziers and a huge fireplace, and blankets if you ask!

The food is average but the vibe is consistently good. One of the few places one can eat good Mexican food in the area, and in the county (!). Nice wine list catering to all price points. Menu has recently been extended and though I tend to stick to the platters and mexican, i believe the burgers are good and the steaks worth the money.

Live music in the area is rare, and is always found here, even during the week, and I hope that continues.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tanya G
“Middle of the road”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Average fare. I made the mistake of ordering fish and chips. I'll not do that again. Probably frozen withe the batter on from a supplier. Also the friying looked and tasted like the oil was a bit old. Not an excuse but it was in the evening on Easter Monday.

Irene had a burger and enjoyed that especially the chilli sauce that came with it. Again her chips looked like they'd been cooked in the same old oil.

On the plus side was the music. When we arrived they were playing Eric Clapton. Just before our meal arrived the canned music was switched off and we were worried because a live singer was setting up. Shouldn't have worried, he did a number of folksy/bluesy songs. When we asked why it was so short he said he'd been at it all afternoon.