I was booked in here on a quick over night business trip. Look it is clean..... but really. If you are in this part of the world, unless all you want is a bed.... why the heck stay here. I did not feel safe or comfortable.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
Friendly reception. Clean and cosy family room. Decently priced. Not sure if we will recommend to anyone. Breakfast not up to standard. Weird combination of food. Peppers, eggs and mushroom sauce.Staff friendly, but not trained well.
My Husband and I stopped over at White River Lodge Hotel on our way to stay in the Kruger. Not cheap to book at. What an awful experience
1. The room is small and smells of smoke (for non smokers, the smell is really bad)
2. One bed in the room, and it was not a double? Sleeping in two single beds would have been bigger.
3. The floor looks like it hasn't been washed ever, maybe it has but it's just so old the stains will never come out
4. The walls are paper thin. So we listened to everyone coming in and going out of there rooms from the time we arrived to the time we left - 12 hours straight.
5. Then in the morning, we listened to housekeeping knocking on every persons door while we tried to get some sleep after not getting any the night before
6. Bed, not just super small, but super uncomfortable. At one point I considered sleeping on the floor, but then remembered the carpets
6. Breakfast- a quick muesli and yoghurt. The yoghurt was off?
We practically ran out of the hotel. Thank goodness this was just a stop over and not a longer visit. I can not believe how bad this place was AND it's not cheap.
The floor mats smelled all the way to inside the room The bed was for one person the TV didnot work right the restaurant had no service and I cancelled there and then and will never go there again and to think that when my wife made the booking on the telephone she told them that they must make sure the TV works and has Super Sport and they said they have 26 channels all working and to think wedrove 400 Km to a smelly dirty place blows my mind
No where close to the Kruger gates, food was over AND under cooked, A/Cs were not working. The toilets and shower? Small with, transparent doors. If that's the case, what is the use of a door! The rooms given to us had a single bed, for two people, despite our booking. Restaurant had limited choices, horrible food and timings. It's just a basic below-par hotel, with nothing great. The only plus point was the staff, who gave us chocolates as an apology for the room's not being available, despite our bookings.
This place should be avoided at all costs. We booked over the internet and when we got there found that there were three different rates fore the place, a internet rate a walk in rate and a flat rate the internet rate was considerably more than the other rates.when we asked why this we were told it was because we were living overseas. Breakfast consisted of 1 piece
of bacon 1 sausage 1 egg. The service for this place was non existent we waited at least half an hour before somebody appeared to check us in and everything seemed a chore.