See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2015

We spent a week in Kimberley and found ourselves staying at 3 different B&B's during that time. This offered us the opportunity to compare the establishments and highlight the best and worst aspects of each. The Victorian is easy to find due to its proximity to the Big Hole. Our room was clean and comfortable, with an air-con, tea-making facilities, and a generously sized bathroom. The downside was the constant sound of traffic outside the rooms. This continued through the night and can be irritating for light sleepers. The rate of the room is not inclusive of breakfast. The receptionist was unable to communicate in clear terms how the costing worked. As far as we could tell, the room rate included breakfast if occupied by one person, but the rate would increase dramatically if the room was occupied by two people.
We were however not even eligible to eat there because we had not notified them of our intention to dine there by their deadline time on the previous day. A comfortable enough room but too many conditions and added costs to make it worthwhile.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I have stayed at this fine establishment before, and I keep on going back. It is a beautiful house restored to near perfection, with the most elaborate and beautiful rooms. I really want to keep this a secret and not share it to ensure that I always have a room when I call, but that won't be fair to other travelers with good taste. The Diamond breakfast is good, although I would like to see hot porridge served as well, not just the great cereals. This gust house is a gem in the city where famous gems were mined.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank RiaanN1970
Reviewed 17 June 2015

This accomidation is literally across the street from the Big Hole. It is clean and affordable and has a comfortable atmosphere.
Only problem was that the room facing the street gets rather noisy at night from the traffic

Date of stay: May 2015