“Lunch”
Review of Kimberley Club

Kimberley Club
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Kimberley
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The Kimberley Club has been a hit/blessing since my childhood days!!i remember our family coming here for Sunday buffet lunch...and we(me and my brother and sister) would save ourselves for the pudding table!!we were NEVER disappointed!!!today, as a married woman, I went back with my parents for the first time in years!!!!We had Very friendly staff!!! I had the gourmet burger!200g meat, absolutely fantastic!!!!completely affordable at R65!sat outside in the winter sun!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lieze N

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, very good breakfast. We were only sad that we arrived so late and so couldn't enjoy what looked like a very lovely restaurant out on the veranda. Highly recommended and will definitely be staying again when next in Kimberley.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at the 'Club' on three occasions now and always find it a welcoming experience. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff have always been able to answer any questions I have. It is close to any attractions you may wish to visit and also to the centre of Kimberley. I will definitely be staying at the Kimberley Club on my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Richard0110
Reviewed 23 May 2014

A wonderful trip back into history with the added benefit that one can eat excellently and sleep in great comfort in the middle of it all. The bar and billiard room are exceptional examples of well maintained memorabilia - and they work as well.

Room Tip: Can do with a refurbish of the curtains and blinds.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Craig L
Reviewed 14 May 2014

i submitted my comments on the previous communication -- the reception could have been a little more welcoming. Otherwise i was very impressed with the history of the place. Also the quality of the facilities. It would have been useful to get a brochure that told one what all the facilities are in the Hotel - Bar. Reading Room and so on. May be some of the people who spent time in the Hotel.

Room Tip: Provide a label on the wall box housing the electrical points
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were a group of four and very pleasantly surprised by our overnight experience at the famous Kimberley Club. Considering its age it has been beautifully maintained. The parking is convenient and boomed off across the road from the entrance. Arrival at reception was very efficient and friendly. There is a charming mixture of the Club's history with the modern boutique part of the hotel. We stayed in the older section in very comfortable, quiet and spacious rooms with all the modern amenities. We had an excellent dinner with good service sitting on the long north-facing veranda (remember to ask the friendly staff to show you the north-pointing arrow specially placed for CJ Rhodes whose sense of direction was apparently somewhat lacking!) and an equally good breakfast sitting in the newer courtyard close to the entrance. There is nothing one can do about the location considering it was built in the 1880s but we were still able to go for walks to some of the memorials and the older suburb of Belgravia. All in all a very happy, pleasant and educational experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I love the Kimberley Club building. It is iconic of Kimberley's rich history, most particularly the period at the end of the 19th century. I love to revisit it when I am visiting Kimberley, which I left 34 years ago. While I have not complaints about the food quality in the diningroom and restaurant, I do know there have been some complaints about it by other members of the club and visitors to the hotel. I was perfectly happy, however, with the food quality on the two or three occasions I have visited in the last year.

Room Tip: I only went in for lunch on the Sunday. I was in Kimberley to attend my mom's birthday... who li...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo