Travelled to Bakubung during the Easter long weekend and we had an amazing time.
The guards at the entrance are extremely friendly and welcoming.
Check in was a breeze and our room was superb - the room had all the amenities required.
The buffet was lovely, nice that there were no ques for breakfast and dinner
Lizzy the Ranger was excellent
The spa was great, but it needs to expand
A few observations
- The chicken mayo sandwich needs to be changed - extremely bland
- The pizza is extremely cheesy - we had one slice and did not eat the rest of it
- It would be great to offer snack baskets with chicken wings, drumsticks etc as I overheard a few guests requesting it while enjoying a sundowner.
- The TV at reception should not have the news channel on during the day as all the sad stories can put one off - maybe have the Legacy group showcase all their hotels and after 10pm, the staff can change the channel as I am sure the night shift is boring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A mere two-hour drive from the hustle and bustle of Johannesburg and ten minutes from Sun City, lies a place of breathtaking beauty and serenity. A place called Bakubung Bush Lodge. Concealed in the rich expanses of the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park, Bakubung, or "People of the Hippo", offers guests everything they need to get in touch with the bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bakubung Bush Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bakubung Bush Hotel Pilanesberg National Park