Tshukudu Bush Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bakubung Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$373
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$427
US$146
Priceline
US$122
Orbitz.com
The Kingdom Resort(Sun City)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$68
Hotels.com
Soho Hotel(Sun City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslong tablesteep stepsbush lodgesmall hillgame driveswatering holemini baropen plainlarge dining tableexchange storiesstone stepssmall number of roomscourse dinnerwater holeother guestssa triprocky outcrop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I rarely write hotel reviews. Either 'hotels' are exceptional or they are diabolical for me to have to write a review. I was already mentally writing this review whilst I was at the Tshuduku. I travelled alone on this trip and had an absolutely amazing time. The lodge is at the top of some steep steps (Get over it. You are in the middle of nowhere 30 mins from the nearest point of contact, if you are looking for a typical holiday with phone connection this is not for you) Food, drink and service is impeccable - always remember where you are and your surroundings. The lodges you are checked into are first class, intimate, luxurious and peaceful especially when you consider where you are. A sunken bath is a treat at the best of times - here it's outstanding luxury. I travel extensively and I don't have anything negative to say about the hotel, my stay or our game drives out. Shawn and the team are passionate, genuine and dedicated to what they do. I can not recommend this place any more if I tried and I was travelling alone. Please do not miss out on this genuine gem: I hope to return at some point to complete my check list and see some cheetah and leopard. Good job Tshukudu - you deserve to be so popular! You are missing out if you do not visit !

Room Tip: Room 14 once had David Hasselhof in - ask Shawn - very amusing!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Felix07
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is an awesome place to experience!! I wish I could have spent two days. The staff are attentive and the lodge simply awesome!! I needed a nice, chill place as a single traveller and found it entirely. I fully recommend Tshukudu and can't wait to experience it in warmer weather!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MikeG1985
Reviewed 1 May 2013

the lodge was just great. Philip our guide (borrowed from a sister lodge) was just excellent: very knowledgeable and obviously so committed to his work and to ensuring his guests had a great time. By far our best guide ever. The rooms were very good with lots of thoughtful touches and the staff went out of their way to make sure our group (two adults and two children) was well looked after. The food and wine may not be five star but that really doesn't matter. We saw a lion from the verandah during breakfast!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank atgkc
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversay here. We received excellent service prior to making the booking. The reception upon arrival was very friendly. The Lodge itself was very luxurious and elegantly decorated. All staff were friendly. The best part of the weekend was the private dinner they arranged for us, in our bedroom. Sean, the Game Ranger, was very friendly and informative during the game drive. Best game drive ever. We didnt get to see many animals, especially not the lions, but on the way out, we were greeted by a herd of elephants who grazed around the vehicle. This was truly magical. The food was very good. I would highly recommend for a romantic relaxing getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yolanderose
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves after our business meetings were concluded in South Africa. Tshukudu Bush Lodge was the perfect ending to our trip to South Africa. From the moment we were picked up at registration to the last moment of the trip it was perfect. The lodging, staff, guides and chefs were outstanding. The Safari was outstanding. We were surprised at the variety of animals we were able to see. The guides are experts at giving you the best view of the animals. The chefs preparation and presentation of your meals, sundowner, high tea etc was fantastic. They prepared special items for me as I am gluten free. You do need to be able to climb 132 steps up to the lodge on several occasions, but it is worth it. This is an experience we hope to share with our daughters and their family's one day.

Room Tip: At this location you have your own cottage with a beautiful view of the water hole where the animals come to drink and rest.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple