“The BEST!!!”

Tshukudu Bush Lodge
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A MUST do if in South Africa....I will begin with our Ranger/Guide Evan...so knowledgeable...made our game drives fun and exciting. I learned so much from him, and great to see he has such passion for the animals, and a super personality...which made us all enjoy each drive!
Our cabins were lovely, comfortable, and a wonderful deck to sit out and watch nature.
Simon and Ernest were always ready to serve us lovely snacks, meals and cocktails, with loads of care .
I cannot wait to return!
Thanks Tshukudu..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Donna C

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great experience, professional rangers and the game drives are out of this world. The staff is friendly and joins the guests at meals time, to exchange stories and information. It makes the whole experience even more unique. Food is fantastic as well, and the whole package is really worth every penny.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I have just returned to NYC from Tshukudu. It was so hard to leave.
This lodge excels in every category. The guides, Shawn and Joy were the epitome of professionalism and were warm and friendly as well. Our chalet was luxurious, clean and comfortable. Just loved the view from our balcony. The food was always delicious and well presented. Best of all were the game drives. Besides several sightings of lions. elephants, rhinos, hippos and giraffes, we saw lions mating and watched a Springbok give birth. Lots of unforgettable sights in a short period of time. I will be telling all my friends that Tshukudu is a must do!

Room Tip: Thre are lots of stone stairs to be climbed but it is so worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank learlybird2016
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We have just returned from 2 days at Tshukudu for our 9th anniversary and it was all I had hoped , small , slightly isolated ( up on the mountain in the Pilanesberg National Park) and very relaxing ! Shawn is a passionate guide and photographer who must be the person who most loves their job on this planet. The staff are well trained and provide an excellent and personal service. With a small number of private suites high up over the park , you will need to climb stone stairs , well over 100 ,so be sure that all in the party are able to , but its a nice walk and the view exceptional. Each suite has beautiful views , fire place , sunken bath overlooking the park and sun loungers on a private balcony. The special touches are a lit fire when you return to your room after a dinner at the boma , and under the stars , and a hot water bottle for each guest already in the bed .... now this was marvellous !The chef caters specifically for your needs and the food was tasty and plenty. The choice of drinks more than adequate and without being asked the team stock your mini bar with what they notice you drink when you first arrive. All in all the perfect cosy bush getaway that would be ideal for a wedding , anniversary or 40th birthday group , or as we did, a couples get away. No TV or " party vibe " which we did not want , so was a 9 out of 10 for us. Great rock pool which would be a permanent station in the warmer months. Weather was amazing ,over 23 degrees in the day at the winter solstice. I spent a whole day reading on the main terrace/ dining area overlooking the bush below , with Simon never far off with a beverage !

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely , high up and face the park below , and you will need to climb either way !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Faye J
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We came over from Joburg where we were for business reasons for staying 3 nights at Thsukudu Lodge. It was our second visit and again it was wonderful. All the staff is outstanding friendly, kind and was always trying to fulfill any of our wishes. The cabin was comfortable, very clean and luxury, the view from the balcony was amazing, the food was delicious but the absolutely very best were the game drives. We saw so many animals. The safari guides Joy and Shawn always tried to trace exactly that type of animal we asked them to find for us. And in almost every case they found the desired animals. One day we asked them to find an elephant herd and to meet them as close as possible. The next day they brought us to a big herd of probably more than 50 animals which was crossing the road just in that moment we arrived. An unforgetable experience standing with our vehicle directly in the herd face to face with the elephants. So, definitely we will come again. Thanks so much to Shawn, Joy, Ernest, Simon, the Chef and all the other members of the staff who made our stay so impressive and unforgetable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank N K
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I rarely write hotel reviews. Either 'hotels' are exceptional or they are diabolical for me to have to write a review. I was already mentally writing this review whilst I was at the Tshuduku. I travelled alone on this trip and had an absolutely amazing time. The lodge is at the top of some steep steps (Get over it. You are in the middle of nowhere 30 mins from the nearest point of contact, if you are looking for a typical holiday with phone connection this is not for you) Food, drink and service is impeccable - always remember where you are and your surroundings. The lodges you are checked into are first class, intimate, luxurious and peaceful especially when you consider where you are. A sunken bath is a treat at the best of times - here it's outstanding luxury. I travel extensively and I don't have anything negative to say about the hotel, my stay or our game drives out. Shawn and the team are passionate, genuine and dedicated to what they do. I can not recommend this place any more if I tried and I was travelling alone. Please do not miss out on this genuine gem: I hope to return at some point to complete my check list and see some cheetah and leopard. Good job Tshukudu - you deserve to be so popular! You are missing out if you do not visit !

Room Tip: Room 14 once had David Hasselhof in - ask Shawn - very amusing!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Felix07
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is an awesome place to experience!! I wish I could have spent two days. The staff are attentive and the lodge simply awesome!! I needed a nice, chill place as a single traveller and found it entirely. I fully recommend Tshukudu and can't wait to experience it in warmer weather!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 14 in Pilanesberg National Park
Ivory Tree Game Lodge
Ivory Tree Game Lodge
#3 of 14 in Pilanesberg National Park

Been to Tshukudu Bush Lodge? Share your experiences!