If you're looking for a relaxing place to stay which won't kill your budget close to Pilanesberg, this is certainly a good option. It's about a 20 minute drive from the park, is set in quiet surroundings, and is well located towards the freeway if you want to head back in the direction of JHB/ PTA. We found the lodge overall pleasant, friendly staff, spacious room with a good, high pressure shower, great bed and flatscreen tv. Food in the restaurant was limited in choice in the evening, but nonetheless of good quality. Breakfast was very decent, with plenty of hot/ cold/ sweet & savoury options. Interesting collection of anglo boer war souvenirs, although we didn't have time to visit the museum. Would certainly return when visiting Pilanesberg again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5km away from the Royal Bafokeng Stadium, one of the stadiums that hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup, Kedar Country Lodge, Conference Centre and Spa offers 60 elegantly finished rooms, 3 Executive Rooms, 1 Royal Suite and 1 Presidential Suite. 7 conference rooms, an open air Boma with a stage and a Chapel for an elegant bushveld wedding. Some 20 years ago, Recreation Africa purchased a portion of Boekenhoutfontein, the historic farm of President Paul Kruger. Over the years, adjoining land has been acquired, culminating in the consolidation of an area of some 700 acres, which has been game fenced and populated with a wide variety of game, including eland, blesbok, impala, bushbuck, nyala, kudu, zebra, blue wildebeest and giraffe. Invaluable environmental work has been done to remove alien vegetation and restore the wetlands which attract prolific birdlife.With a Spa in an idyllic setting, jutting out over a natural wetland lake teaming with fish and birdlife, it is sure to enhance the spiritual and physical relaxation you expect from a Spa in the country. The Metswedi bar in the evenings allows guests to partake of sundowners whilst watching the sunset over the natural bush. Other facilities include a large swimming pool, game drives, Pigmy Hippo Walk, Paul Kruger Country House Museum Tour, Anglo Boere War Museum, helicopter Pad, Team building area, and open air conference areas. All this, just one and a half hour’s drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, and only 15 minutes from Sun City and the Pilanesberg Game Reserve - home of the “Big Five”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Kedar Heritage Lodge, Conference Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kedar Country Hotel, Hotel Rustenburg
- Kedar Country Hotel, Conference Center And Spa