“Stay at the better ones on the same property!!”
Review of Cabanas, Sun City

Cabanas, Sun City
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sun City
New York City, New York
“Stay at the better ones on the same property!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This particular 3 star property needs renovation badly. The room and changing rooms didn't had a door in between. The bathroom doors were transparent with no locks. We didn't stay much there and couldn't get time to use other services at the hotel, so can't review on that. Though the Sun city resort has a lot of activities which make the experience of the stay wonderful; but cabanas is not the recommended property on the resort.

Room Tip: Stay at the other hotels on the resort!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear guest

Thank you very much for the review. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It is just a pity you did not use the facilities around the Resort as you could have enjoyed them. There is more to offer on this complex

We continuously do upgrades to our properties and Cabanas is one of them.

We apologise for not meeting your expectations.

Ntebi Mathope

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

At the rates this place charges, and for what one gets, it's pathetic. No wonder the place is empty. With the rand as weak as it is, one would expect the place to be pumping. It is so dead, they haven't even opened the buffet for dinner! It's difficult to rate the service, because there is nothing happening to judge the service on. I always hope when I have to come here that it is going to surprise me, but it just gets worse.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LTWells101
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Good morning sir/madam

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. Sun City has many restaurants that caters for all guests from different units.

We apologise that you wanted to dine at our restaurant specifically and we were closed. We hope that next time you visit us we will be opened. If not we can make reservations for you at other hotels and get transport to take you there.

Travellers are raving about these Sun City hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 March 2014

At this price, you cant find a better option. It offers value for money, nice location, nice amenities and Nice hospitality. However you are looking for comfort, then you are looking at the wrong hotel.
Some of the problems I faced are these. Rooms are small with glass doors so you have to place curtain always. Washrooms are very small and placement of shower and tub makes getting entire room wet inevitable. They don't help in getting shuttle transfers to Jo'berg. Instead they encourage private transfers at a steep price. Also breakfast options were really bad in comparison to all hotels I stayed in South Africa. Charge heavily for local calls as well. Charged me more than 100 ZAR for 7-8 minutes of calls to Pretoria. Disgusting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vabhatia
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear sir/madam

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you found Cabanas to be of best value. We are hoping that you will visit us again when you decide to come to Sun City.

We also hope you took good memories back home to share with friends and family members.

Regards

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Cabanas is not exceptional but not that bad as well. Didn't stay at the other hotels at sun city, so couldn't compare, but I believe its a good starter. Plenty of facility available but I enjoyed the valley of waves most, and if u stay with the hotel u get a free entrance to the valley of waves, so don't miss it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for sending a review on your recent stay at Cabanas. We are glad to hear how you enjoyed your stay and the overall activities we have on our resort.

We hope you will take time again and visit us to enjoy more.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had a fabulous stay here
went with my partner and was amazed. At the time of my visit room was beautifully appointed, heard not a peep from the people around me. The level of service was amazing and the selection of food at breakfast was divine. Obviously the furthest from the main "attractions" but the walk was fine.
We used the tours offered on site to go to the Lion Park and a sunset safari an experience I will remember for the rest of my life

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank megwench
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear guest.

Thank you very much for the feedback on your stay with us. We are glad that you took good memories with you and enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you soon bringing more friends and family to enjoy our resort

Kempton Park, South Africa
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I called central reservations to Make a res they gave me another no to call. It took me 3 days of trying to get through.On the 3rd day after 10 minutes of ringing Sharon answered the call.She was extremely professional and a pleasure to deal with.I told her how long the phone rang however she said on her side it rang once.this maybe a technical issue you need to look into. It's my honeymoon I was making bookings for.Sharon asked me for Payment I did not have my credit card so I said I'd do an Eft. I did not have time to do it so I called the hotel to give my CC details as a guarantee OMG to my shock some guy answered the call I thought I reached someone's home line. I asked 3 times is this the Cabanas.I eventually heard it was Joseph. I told him I want to guarantee my booking he said he couldn't do it I must call after 8 the next day.He was quiet rude saying he cold only see reservations for the current day not for future dates. What a load of crap. I asked if I wanted to confirm my booking what would he do.He put me on hold and when he returned he miraculously was able to confirm a future booking. I wanted to cancel the booking because I was afraid of what will happen on arrival my honeymoon however my better half wants to stay here. Management I am appealing to you please ensure my stay will be pleasant unlike my experience thus far. This is a special day for us so please don't allow it to be ruined. Thank you

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beverley_Nathan
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for this review on your experience in making sure your booking is guaranteed. We apologise that it was not easy to do so and all before you even come and stay with us.

Please will you email me your details as we want your honeymoon to be the best. My email address is ntebi.mathope@suninternational.com.

Lagos
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We checked in at the Cabanas on the morning of the 20th of dec, 2013. We were checked in to a room and we were totally shocked to discover the room in complete shambles...the bed was not made....the toilet was dirty. We immediately informed the reception and they promised to send someone. But they took a long time to come and after repeated complaints, we were shifted to another room. The rooms were desperately in need of renovation. The sofas were stained and dirty. The curtains were dirty and unwashed. The bathroom was stained and definitely needed a renovation. We are frequent travellers and every decent hotel we've stayed in offers atleast a complimentary bottle of mineral water every day. But not in Cabanas. Dinner buffet was offered in the evening but the names of the dishes were not mentioned. As a result , we had to keep on asking the waiters and they seemed confused, too. The food offered definitely did not measure up at all as compared to the cost. The lawns were not kept clean...there were burning cigerettes in the grass on the lawn. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to my friends !

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are a bit quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nilakshi S
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear guest

Thank you very much for sending us your feedback on your recent stay with us. We apologise for not meeting your expectations. We will address all areas mentioned.

We continuously strive to make all our guests happy. We hope that this will not stop you from visiting us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sun City
Safari Lodge Hotel & Convention Centre
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
#1 of 3 in Pilanesberg National Park

Been to Cabanas, Sun City? Share your experiences!