“RELAXING”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sun City
Aurangabad, India
“RELAXING”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It was quite relaxing in cascade hotel of Sun city.Though there is not much in sun city,the drive to Pilansberg wild life park is great where you can spot a lot of animals.The hotel gives wi-fi access to only one devise and that too 100 mb.The visit to gym is also charged.The breakfast did not serve much for vegetarians.You have to manage with fruits and bread.Go for Sun City if you want relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Go for cascades.Dont stay in maine hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vishalpande1
Julius R, Manager at Soho Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Vishalpande1

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback after your relaxing time in Sun City.

it is always a pleasure to get positive feedback form our valued guest. We will definitely look into increasing the varitey for the vegetarian breakfast.

We hope to host you once again in the near future.

Sun City Hotel & Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I can almost echo a lot of the previous posters. Check in is slow Staff unfriendly but some are friendly. The Casino staff is really unfriendly and most people that stay at the Main Hotel Stay there to be close to the Casino. Overall not worth the drive. I normally stay here once a month but I have decided to stop as it is an Old Hotel and Out Dated.

Room Tip: Ask for Ground floor rooms if you want to spend time at the pool. Stay on the 3rd floor if you want...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear JacoRSA,

We would like to thank you for giving a brief write-up on The Sun City Hotel.

We apologise that we did not live up to your expectations ths time around. We constantly try to deliver the highest standards in the hospitality field. I would like to personally assure the issue of unfriendly staff will be looked into and appropriately addressed. This is not kind of service that has placed Sun City in highest regards, the world over.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves and bulid better memories of the resort.

Travellers are raving about these Sun City hotels

Melkbosstrand, South Africa
Reviewed 17 June 2014

When you make your reservations you do it with a central reservation in Johannesburg. When I phoned I spoke to a woman that was not clued up and helpful at all. She gave me wrong information and that upset us on our arrival. I booked a double bed, no smoking room with a view. She said she can only book me a standard room with 2 single beds, she cannot give me a room with a view, that depends on availability on arrival , (what is the use to make a specific reservation then?) she told me when we arrive they can change the room to our liking. I believed this woman because she is from reservations and that is her job just to do reservations. I also asked her if she can book breakfast for me at the Palace one morning. She said no but when we there they will assist us with that request. I also asked her about other reservations like shows and places to eat. She assured me that I can arrange all of that on my arrival. Well that is another story!!
When we arrived the lady at reception said we have a standard room, 2 single beds on the 6th floor. We were told we could not change the room because they are fully booked. The room had no view although it was on the 6th floor the windows were covered by high trees. I had to phone housekeeping myself to change the bed to a double bed. We asked where we can book to have breakfast at the Palace and to see the show. She direct us where we must go. When we got to the place where we must make the reservation for the Palace we were told that we cannot go there because of a private function. It is closed for the general public that stays at Sun City’s other establishments. What a big disappointment! We were all the way from Cape Town. We then went to make the booking for the show and we were once again turned down. You can only make you booking on the day of the show. We decided to go and relax at the pool. Well jet another surprise! The swimming pool was without water, they were doing maintenance. We were not informed by reservations of any of the above that were happening. We went to make a booking for dinner one evening at a restaurant called Santorini at the Cascades Hotel. Once again we were turned away. They were closed for a private function. We went to the other restaurant The Peninsula on the premises and we were informed that they are not open in the evening. We went back to our Hotel and the 2 restaurants were both closed. We went to the information desk and were told they open only at 18h00 and as residence we can just go there . The evening when we wanted to go for dinner we were told that we had no reservation and they were fully booked. Once again we as guests and residence of the hotel were turned away. We were very upset, that they did not consider any residence, and we were a few couples talking about the bad service. We had to go to the entertainment centre to have dinner at Squires. That we could have done in Cape Town as well, and they do not take reservations you need to come and stand in a queue for food, luckly the man at the front was very helpful and gave us a table within 10 minutes.
B’dazzled, the latest show, a last we made a booking at computicket for the show. We enjoyed the one hour show, you can order drinks before the show to enjoy. Very surprised to see only a few people.
Luma Bar & Lounge - We enjoyed lunch one afternoon, a beef burger and chips, and had a Strawberry Daiquiri on the stoep, overlooking a dry pond under maintenance.
We will not go back easily. There are too many nice places that render good service were I can spend my money. Sun City does not need my money and will not see us again. Sun City is not what it was before.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Vorsters
Dear Vosters,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to give us this elaborate feedback. This will assist in bringing our service levels to the highest hospitality standards.

From your review, there is a huge need to improve our communication processes within the company in order to inform our guests effectively. Please be assured that this is a drive that will be reinforced and continually monitored.

The matter of the high trees will also be looked into, obviously reaching a compromise with our "green" initiatives.

We appeal that this visit will not deter you from visiting us once again in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was the most horrible experience to go to suncity. the staff in the hotel has terrible attitude. its like they dont care. the concierge lacks lot of info which kills your planning. the people at reception never picks up phone. the entertainment center where they are suppose to be polite with kids gets irritated if kids take time to choose their gifts . there are 15 people wo just wants to talk and not pay attention to kids what they are paid for.the restaurant where you have breakfast has the worst people ever. if you ask about vegetarian they really confuse you and the service on the table , horrrribbbleee .even after telling them to clean up they would not show .. if you ask for anything they react as they didnt hear it and ignore you.. you should check the photo of our breakfast table that i am uploading. ..
having such a great experience of friendly people in cape town, game lodge and knysna the whole impression was spoilt after going to sun city,,, it was a big mistake to go to suncity,.. if you want your trip to be nice please DDOOOO NNNNOOOOTTT GOOO to Sun City ...it is absolutely not worth ittt.

Room Tip: Please select anything else Please do not GO to sun city.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank shairul2014
Dear Shairul2014,

We would like to thank for taking the time to write a review about our property. This will greatly assist in addressing all the issues that you have brought to our attention.

It is very disheartening to learn of your very unpleasant stay with us and would like to believe it an isolated occassion that should never happen again.

Please be assured that all of the concerns will be dealt with individually and appropriate action taken to ensure there is none recurrence of these issues. All necessary measures will be taken to deliver the kind of service that has been the pride of Sun City.

We hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at many local and international hotels. My worst experience was at the Main Hotel of SunCity.

This is my story:

I was unceremoniously awoken at 2.45am by a man banging on my room door. I looked through the peephole and there was a dubious looking man with a backpack. He kept calling Tshepo/Lerato. I informed him that he had the wrong room. He persisted nonetheless. I asked him to go away and he eventually left. I then called the Hotel reception informed them of the incident and requested that they send Hotel security to my room. They failed to do so. When I followed up with them, the lady at reception indicated that the man did come to reception, he was lost and he knocked at my room door my mistake. They dismissed the matter.

Any stranger can easily access the residents floor due to weak access controls. I have never felt more threatened or unsafe in any hotel ever.

I didn't feel that the matter was properly dealt with my Hotel staff due to the seriousness of hotel guests safety and the fact that South Africa has a high crime rate. I then contacted the Duty Manager and she was not aware of the situation. She undertook to look into the matter and get back to me. I have not heard back from the Hotel. It is disappointing that the Hotel has not made any effort in resolving this matter. It is supposed to be a 4-star - what a joke?

Room Tip: Please consider the safety and security issues and there could be very unpleasant disturbances durin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank KNaidoo
Dear KNaidoo,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a detailed review of your stay with us.

It is very disappointing to learn of your unpleasant stay with us. This is not the kind of memory that we would like any of our valued guests to take away with them. We apologise that security was not sent to your room as per the standard rule. We will re-iterate this security aspect to all our staff in order to console the guests.

Once more, please accept our heartfelt apologies and we truly believe and incident of this nature will be handled with greater delicacy that it desrves.

We hop you will be visiting us again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I got a midweek online for the vacation club, on arrival our room wasn't ready and the staff was eating lunch at the reception desk, after about 15 min standing I lost
My temper the manager was called and the phone rang she just then left after 25min we were checked in. A very friendly gentlemen then offered to help and showed us to our chalet which was really great the layout one of the better timeshare resorts, the pool and restaurant is not to bad either and is close by to grap a quick drink the stay includes access to sun city and valley of the waves and if you use the back gate ur in Pilansberg reserve which is great the staff needs works but we loved the stay overall.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Reywoeke4u
Dear Reywoeke4u,

I would like to thank you for giving us this review about your stay on the resort.

On behalf of the Vacation Club, i would like to assure you that the issues your raised will be given the utmost attention. I have taken the liberty of escalating your feedback to the Vacation Club management; who will duly give the appropriate feedback.

We look forward to hosting you once again.

Kind regards

Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was here actualy in 2001 and I was with a group of Rotary Exchange Students friends and we had a lovely day! We stayed and enjoyed the pools because it was very hot and at night we went to the casino. We didn't spend the night because it seemed very expensive. Anway, the confort is there and I keep a good memory!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Yohana_Stupar,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a brief review of the resort.

We are humbled to learn that you enjoyed yourself the first time such that you decided to visit us again. We shall endeavour to continually exceed your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sun City
#5 of 6 in Sun City
The Kingdom Resort
The Kingdom Resort
#2 of 6 in Sun City

Been to Soho Hotel? Share your experiences!