“Idyllic!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Idyllic!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A highlight of the wine country portion of our South Africa trip and a very memorableexperience. The combination of the landscape architecture with the Cape Dutch architecture gives you the best of a farmhouse and botanical garden setting. The stroll through the grounds was so relaxing and a photographers paradise. The restaurant is lovely with unique offerings uniquely presented.

Visited May 2014

• Arabic first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Absolute must see!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The first time I visited Babylonstoren was with my best friend on a girls morning breakfast...it was so beautiful & tranquil. R10 gets you in the gate. We spent hours walking through the gardens looking at the fruit, veggies & herbs...and all the other plants in between. I never imagined that the gardens would be so spectacular. On my second visit I took my husband & 3 year old son along for a leisurely family walk. My little boy had so much fun seeing the squirrels and messing in the water. Really fun place for the kids as long as you keep them hydrated :-) Was quite a warm & sunny day. On this visit I also found that I hadn't even seen half of the gardens on my first visit...so that was another treat. Lovely walk along the river to end off the day. The little shop was also amazing...bought a nice selection of breads & condiments.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank NatalieP1205
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Favorite Vineyard in South Africa”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I will preface this by saying that my wife and I care as much if not more about the look and feel of a vineyard as we do about the wine. The gardens, greenhouse, and outdoor seating area at Babylonstoren are just awesome. You could spend hours just wandering around the gardens and make a great day of it. I would rather drink a glass of wine outside at Babylonstoren than in a stuffy tasting room any day. I highly recommend making it part of your tour through the Winelands.

Visited October 2013
Hermanus
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A must see!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Walking through the endless gardens consisting of flowers, vegetables, fruits and herbs, this setting is something out of this world. A perfect family outing with a welcoming bistro-style restaurant and lots of space for kids to play.

Visited May 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Idling a day away”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Between wine tasting, browsing their great farm store, wandering around in the beautiful gardens and enjoying a break at their Greenhouse restaurant, it's easy to spend a few nice and relaxing hours in Babylonstoren. And as an added benefit you learn a lot about gardening...

Visited April 2014