I had the pleasure to stay at fantastic Compass house this November. During my stay in Cape Town I stayed both some nights at Westin (also a very good hotel) and the Compass House. However I should have booked the whole stay at the Compass House. Of course it is a bit of comparing apple and pears by comparing huge (>200 rooms) Westin with personal (<10 rooms) Compass house. But Compass House left an impression that will last for long.
The hotel is five star. But it is not at all sterile like some other five star hotels I have stayed at. Instead Compass House feels personal, intimate, and friendly, with excellent service and a fantastic view. The pool is incredible. A big infinity pool with a gorgeous view of the sun setting in the Atlantic Ocean - that is really the best - together with a glass of South African champagne. The prices in the self-service bar are very modestly priced. While Westin charge 3 euros for a coke, you will get a glass of bubbly for the same price at Compass House. A glass you’ll need after a day at the sun deck and in the pool.
I wish I could have stayed a bit longer. Now the hotel was so good that I didn’t even bother to go down to the beach in Clifton, just a 15 minutes walk from the hotel. Cause with a view from the pool of the Atlantic Ocean on one side and Lions head cliff on the other side, it is hard to come up from the pool.
I am already planning my next stay to South Africa, next time together with my girlfriend. Our nights (and days) in Cape Town will definitely be spent in the Compass House!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Compass House, perfectly positioned on the shores of the Atlantic Seaboard, promises its guests the ultimate in style and comfort. Located in Bantry Bay, just two minutes from the beach-front and ten minutes away from the city center, guests can enjoy breathtaking views of the ocean from every room. Compass House enjoys a warm atmosphere. It has wooden floors throughout. The biggest swimming pool in Cape Town and patio lend themselves brilliantly for daytime relaxation and witnessing the beautifully blissful South African sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and HRS so you can book your Compass House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass House Hotel Bantry Bay
- Compass House Cape Town/Bantry Bay, South Africa