Clarendon Bantry Bay was the first stop (4 nights) for our honeymoon and we could not have picked a better place to stay in Cape Town. Although we arrived way before check-in, at about 8am, they offered us a delicious breakfast (overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with views of Robben Island!), had a chat to us and provided ideas and maps of Cape Town.
Our room (Superior Suite) was wonderful! Possibly our favourite of our whole trip... It was modern, with muted colours, huge marble bathroom and the view! Every morning, as I came out of the bathroom to be greeted by the views of the Atlantic Ocean across our terrace, I had to declare how much I loved this place!
The staff were lovely, thoughtful and helpful throughout. Only having approx 10 rooms means that they know who everyone is and they all seem genuinely interested in ensuring we had the best possible stay there. Whilst we were there they organised someone to come and give us massages on our terrace (listening to the ocean) - when we realised that she needed to be paid cash and we didn't have enough, they calmly helped by calling the main company and arranging for them to come back tomorrow when we had the cash.
The breakfasts we had there were delicious and they have afternoon tea with cakes too. We didn't get to experience dinner there as you have to book the evening beforehand but, given what we tasted there, I would recommend it.
You are a bit further out the only thing we could walk to was one of the hop-on hop-off bus tours, but taxis are so cheap there (they happily book for you) that never caused an issue.
Fabulous stay - thankyou!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small boutique hotel in the best area of Cape Town. Close to beaches, shops and restaurants. 7 Mins drive from the V & A Waterfront. 10 Mins to the City Centre and 5 mins to Camps Bay. We have 2 resident chefs, parking and free wi fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Clarendon Bantry Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Clarendon Bantry Bay Hotel Bantry Bay
- The Clarendon Bantry Bay Cape Town, South Africa