Enchanted Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
President Hotel(Bantry Bay)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
New Kings Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Amalfi Atlantic Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Sea Point Inn(Cape Town)
52 De Wet(Bantry Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewssea pointair conditionercape townbeach roadlovely guesthouseenjoyed my staykyliebalconyocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We had to book a nights stay at enbchanted months in advance, we would have come sooner but the owner insisted that we come when a nice room with a view is available. 3 months later we check in, into a room overlooking the neighbour's wall.

Then we were informed about the guesthouse's parking. You can either park another guest in in the narrow driveway, be parked in in the narrow driveway or leave your car to the mercy of the bicycle lane that they call a street outside.

We noticed that one of the bathrobes in the room was missing, after we asked for another one, we noticed the one we had a artistic looking stain on it.

We decided to shrug it off and go out, the area it's in is lovely.

When we got back to the guesthouse that night we needed to get creative about parking again. No big deal.

Sleeping under the serviettes they provide as a duvet was a bit unpleasant. We were hopeful that the breakfast would redeem this place.

Boy, were we wrong...

We got seasick from the wobbly table we were seated at, we tried to dish up the buffet, we had to first take serving spoons from different tables as it's impolite to dish sour kiwi fruit up with your hands.

After we made the order for our cooked food, the long wait began. The long wait ended when the cook brought out our lukewarm eggs served with frigid mushrooms and tomato flavoured ice blocks. This was our cue to leave and never come back. The hostess finally gave us the lindt chocolates we were promised, they look like they were stolen from Tutenkamen's tomb!

The location is beautiful,the staff friendly and the rooms didn't have insect infestations. They are quite disorganised and extremely laid back.

I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't eat or sleep or like getting what they are promised. If you want to stay in Bantry Bay for the night and can't find a real guesthouse. This place is for you.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank luduP
ridwaan, General Manager at Enchanted Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Absolutely agree that the location is great.
In order for me to address the guest comments I would need specifics like dates visited and exactly what the problems were that the guest encountered.
Constructive critisism will help improve the experience for everybody who visits our facility.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Exactly what you need if you're looking for a good value for money guest house or BB.

We checked in at 6pm and had a complimentary bottle of grape juice and our Lindt chocolate waiting for us in our room. The room itself was adequate, clean and neatly presented including DSTV and small fridge. The fact that that the balcony had a trellidor meant that we could sleep the whole night with the balcony door open with no worries.

The location allowed us to chose from many restaurants in the nearby area, situated practically on Beach Road, Bantry Bay.

The best part was the breakfast. The food was excellent and a great spread which included a warm English Breakfast, but this didn't stop us from eating from the buffet. Clearly there was a lot of thought put into it as the buffet included a variety of muffins, cheeses, yogurts, juices and deli meat.

A win-win in any one's books. Keep up the great work !

Room Tip: Ask for a room at from the upper level. Well worth the view and privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shaun R
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stopped over in Cape Town just for a day or two and wanted a room with a view of the ocean. I phoned the manager and he assured me that all rooms have a splendid view and after viewing the photo's on the website I was quite happy to pay the deposit.

When we arrived I was quite surprised to see the parking arrangements. First off, it is a VERY narrow street and secondly, the B&B's "parking" is capable of two cars parking single file and the rest have to park on the street. Now the problem for me was that if I park in the "parking" structure I would be locked in by the next guest. Parking in the street is the other option and with a street that narrow... hell, its beggin to het your car dented. Anyway, managed to park the car 60% on the pedestrian walkway such as it is.

The next obstacle was that we arrived 30 minutes earlier than expected. After someone opened up for us, we got told that sorry, we have to come back in an hour or two since the room was not ready. O, and dont think that they are willing to keep your bags! Luckily in Cape Town there is lots to do, so off we went to Kirstenbosch.

When we did finally check in, we were pleasantly surprised by the room which was well lit, airconditioned with a very nice bed and TV. The bathroom is a bit curious since it is merely a glass partition inside the room. Its ok if youre not too shy, I dont think it will bother anyone. But, showering will require you to wipe off the whole bathroom since there is no partitions and thus everything gets wet! Now the view... that I requested... and confirmed. Ahhh. Yes, there is a view... I you stand outside your room, look through two huge buildings you can actually see the ocean.

In conclusion. We enjoyed our stay, parking sucks, the view is NOT an ocean view and the bathroom is a bit funny. But, the room was nice, it is really close to the beach and there are several nice social spots closeby so if you go there knowing what to expect pretty sure you will enjoy it a lot! Lesson learnt, check TripAdvisor next time! :)

Room Tip: Choose a top floor unit if you want to actually see the ocean from your room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights on a recent visit to Cape Town. On arrival I was a bit disappointed as the outside of the property appears to need a little sprucing up. I had a ground floor room, which was adequate, but I would certainly opt for an upper floor room with a balcony given the choice.

Notwithstanding the aforementioned, the place was very clean and well managed by Debbie, with a nice breakfast included in the price. One has to temper comments to the type of establishment and this certainly fit the bill. I was out most of the day and really needed a comfortable, quiet location to clean up and sleep after a day full of activity.

It's a located a very short walk from the Beach and one can see and hear the waves from the cul-de-sac where the guest house is located. I walked the full extent of the Bantry Bay, Sea Point waterfront on a couple of occasions from the Enchanted guest house.

It's certainly not luxurious by any means, but if it's luxury you want, you are not looking for a guest house in this price range. Look elsewhere, but temper your expectations to your budget.

Room Tip: Opt for an upstairs room with a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank montfleurToronto
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at Enchanted for 2 weeks and on the whole, really enjoyed my stay.
The property manager, Debbie, is the most patient, helpful person you could hope to meet.
A little noisy in the downstairs rooms.
I suggest staying in an upstairs room, but NOT one of the rooms that has no balcony nor even a view from the single frosted window.

Room Tip: don't choose the downstairs rooms. Noisier. Better views upstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo