“Beautiful hotel - Perfect location”

Bantry Bay Suite Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bantry Bay
San Diego, California
“Beautiful hotel - Perfect location”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Bantry Bay Suite Hotel for a period of 15 nights in May-June 2013. The price was very reasonable, the views of the Atlantic Ocean from the room were spectacular, the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, and the hotel was quite clean. Service (room and front desk) was outstanding. Location is perfect and hotel is close to many attractions. I strongly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again when I return to Cape Town. Thank you Bantry Bay Suite Hotel for a truly beautiful stay.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on a higher floor. Make sure to take some photos from...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Doctor_Saul,

It is our pleasure! Our little hotels motto is 'With us, you are not a number' and it gives us immense pleasure to see that we can live up to it. Our staff really is the heart of our hotel and we are proud and really happy when guests have lovely memories and experiences of us.
We also appreciate feedback on where we can do better.

We can't wait to welcome you back in future.

Happy travels!
PS - the views and location is still the same and spectacular!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A pity my son and I only had one night at this hotel. The room was spacious, very clean and comfortable, and the kitchenette was well equipped with utensils (not food). We were happy to have a bath and a separate shower stall in the bathroom. As the location is close to lots of supermarkets and restaurants, it was easy to prepare both supper and breakfast the next day.
WiFi was a let down.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Turtlebay59
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Turtlebay59,

we wish that you could have stayed longer too!

Bantry Bay
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

It's a fairly good hotel - big rooms, friendly staff. Pity the wifi is expensive and doesn't work. Usually stay at the neighboring Ambassador, which is better value for money, has an awesome restaurant and free fast wifi.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Royboy1980
Dear Royboy1980,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on your stay with us.
Our staff is known for their friendliness, hence our motto, 'With us, you are not a number'.
Please be assured we are addressing the WiFi i parts of the hotel where reception is weak, as well as the cost thereof. From 1 March we will no longer be charging at all!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have just returned from a holiday in Cape Town and started our holiday with a three night stay at Bantry Bay, I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel, we were greeted with a welcome drink and had a fantastic view from our room, the staff were all very courteous and polite and if you want to catch the Red Tourist Bus you can do so from the corner. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay a pleasant one !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie C
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Angie C,

thank you for your wonderful review. It was our pleasure to assist you in having a great holiday.
Our guests happiness is what makes us happy at The Bantry Bay Suite Hotel.

Eben Lassen
Mauritius
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here for a business trip to Cape Town. The welcome was very good and the staff were friendly throughout and very helpful. I liked the room, good size and view and most things worked and in the right place. The hotel had the basic items for business covered, good internet, good bed, space to work in the room, working bath room, good laundry service and a quick breakfast so you could get on the road. It just lacked a small fitness room to keep in shape but a quick run a long the seafront is very easy from this hotel.

The only negative point during my stay was that the door key system stopped working for about 3 days and took a while to get back up again. You had to be taken to your room with the porter who would let you in with a master key! But even this did not spoil the stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear SforSani ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am very pleased that you found your stay to be a good one and that we met your business needs.
I am happy to report that the key issue was finally resolved and that we are currently considering a fitness room. But you are indeed correct that the promenade is fantastic for a morning or afternoon jog!

Eben Lassen
Cambs
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The rooms in this hotel are truly huge and very comfortable. They are also very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The location is Ok but make sure you get a sea facing room otherwise you get a lot of road noise. I would have given a 5 rating but the machine that codes the keys was not working so we had to go to reception every time we wanted to get back into our room. Breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: Sea facing room recommended
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MelindaCambs
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear MelindaCambs,

thank you for your review. I am pleased that you liked the size and cleanliness of our rooms. Our friendly staff is really an attribute to our little hotel.
I am so sorry that you had to experience the keycard issue, but I am happy to report that the machine has been returned and is again in good working order.
We are hard at work to improve the areas that need attention, most recently the refurbishment of the pool area and a room painting project. Please be assured that we will get to every aspect that requires attention.

Accra
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I loved waking up with the ocean view and watching sky colours at sun set from my bedroom. I could also hear seagulls and sounds of the ocean at night, very nice. It felt like I lived here as grocery shops, laundry and such are walking distance, jogging by the ocean is super cool and some good restaurants are not far, while V&A is about five min by taxi.

What would make this place even better is if they had a gym and a more varied bfast. I also found communication to be more of miscommunication although all staff apart from an odd one were very helpful. Since the day one I never got the laundry paperwork and preferred to do my laundry next door for this reason. I also asked that no turn down service is provided as generally I don't like anyone in my room past the maid service, however every night my curtains were down and light was turned on. I truly do not even understand this service nor who wants it?? Interestingly enough, the hotel sent their internal review and asked if I would like to be contacted about the issues but that has never happened. So what is the point of the question then?

Still, I would say that this is a nice enough place with a good rate.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear sister-karamazov,

thank you for taking the time to write a review on our little hotel.
I am really happy that you enjoyed the views and sunsets as much as we do!
Our location is really convenient and we are looking at the implementation of a gym, but I am pleased that you enjoyed jogging on the lovely promenade.
Thank you for pointing out the issues with the laundry and our communication issues. We will definitely use it as a training tool to ensure that we do better next time.
I am a bit concerned about the fact that you mention you responded to our internal review and did not get a response. I monitor the responses personally and would appreciate it if you could email me your details so that i can assure it is feeding through correctly.
My email address is gm@thebantrybay.com

Again, thank yoiu for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry Bay
President Hotel
President Hotel
#4 of 6 in Bantry Bay
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#67 of 106 in Cape Town Central
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,085 reviews
Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel
Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel
#52 of 106 in Cape Town Central

Been to Bantry Bay Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!