If this isn’t the best accommodation in Cape Town, I don’t know what is. A swarm of hotel staff greeted us on arrival, including the manager – all warm, engaging and genuinely caring. An upgrade to the Ellerman Suite (Room 7) in the gabled roof of this elegant, sprawling mansion was a real treat. A large lounge and separate bedroom with viewsome balconies overlooking a spectacular, glistening bay. Friends had an equally gorgeous room with dining room, lounge and same gobsmacking views.
Meticulous attention to detail is the hallmark of this ‘residence’ – more a luxury home than a hotel. All public areas are superbly comfortable but it’s the art that really blows you away. Extraordinary stuff hanging on every wall…and that’s before you get to the purpose built gallery! The food is also sublime – every meal was exceptional, including one of the best desserts every eaten. Lunch or dinner on the terrace with the extraordinary view is a sublime experience. We grabbed the offer of romantic dinner on the terrace, candles and moonlight over the ocean – stuff of dreams.
Nick Dreyer the GM oversees a team of truly dedicated staff, constantly anticipating your every desire without ever being intrusive. There’s a lovely lawn with a beautiful swimming pool that’s a great place to relax.
With so much to do in Cape Town we got lots of good advice on where to go and what to do from the team, even landing a reservation at newest/hottest restaurant in town that’s usually booked out for weeks. The beauty of Ellerman is that it’s away from the crowds and hoi polloi, but still close to all attractions via the resident driver. Everything was seamless and flawlessly executed. We loved this place and can’t wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ellerman House commands spectacular views over the Atlantic Ocean. Professional and charming staff plus a remarkable art & wine collection leave guests breathless. Consisting of 9 bedrooms and 2 suites in the House, and the neighboring contemporary Villa and Spa, the property embodies the best in South African hospitality in true Relais & Chateaux style. Ellerman House is the place to stay in Africa’s fair Cape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ellerman House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ellerman House Hotel Bantry Bay
- Ellerman Hotel Cape Town
- Ellerman House Cape Town/Bantry Bay, South Africa