“Pampered +++”

Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pampered +++”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

O on Kloof is a drop-dead gorgeous boutique hotel, trendy yet warm and inviting, conveniently situated, where the staff goes above and beyond to ensure that you are catered to and spoiled rotten. Good value as well, which is always a bonus!

Visited July 2014

Newbury, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“A lovely treatment”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had a massage, head massage and facial which lasted 2 hours and was fantastic, I left feeling very relaxed.

Visited April 2014
Cape Town
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 283 helpful votes
“NICE FOR A ONE-OFF TREAT”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Milk and Honey is really a beauty salon, and not a 'spa' at all. They share their space (two treatment rooms) with the hotel's gym. The reception desk faces the indoor swimming pool and the treatment rooms are behind this desk. I heard other clients ask if they would be allowed to use the pool, and were told that it's actually for hotel guests' use only. They have a small reception/waiting area, or should I say I thought that's what it was, until, to my surprise, this same area was used for doing the pedicure in! So not only is there no lying down relaxing while your pedi is done, you're in the hustle and bustle of the salon/gym/general running of a hotel activities. And other clients who come into that same area to wait for their treatment to start, still chat away on their phones and generally disturb the peace. The salon staff gather around the reception desk and chat away within earshot and eyesight of the client, who would really prefer to be somewhere in a quiet, peaceful space. Specially if such an outing is intended as a treat, rather than a functional visit. I also had a full body massage, and wasn't even asked what type of pressure I prefer. Also, she never touched my neck or upper arms (shoulder area) at all. The massage is advertised as 60 minutes long. I was finished 15 minutes before the hour, and if one still subtracts 5 minutes or so for getting changed, it means an absolute maximum of 40 minutes of treatment time. The pedicure was the same. Between the two treatments I was finished half an hour short of two hours, and part of those 90 minutes involved changing time and waiting time between the two treatments. The pedi was standard with hardly any massage involved at all - simply a perfunctory application of a moisturiser. I almost feel that one should say beforehand that you don't want your nails painted, as that takes up most of the (abbreviated) appointment time. Perhaps if they know they won't have to varnish, they will do the other elements of the pedicure properly.

This salon's prices are at the very high end of the market. In my view, they would be alright if they charged R200 to R300 for the massage and R150 to R200 for the pedicure, but in the R440 -R550 and R270 category respectively, they are definitely not.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank HarveyCapeTown
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great staff!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Their staff was very kind and helpful throughout our stay. Being such a small hotel (about 5 guest rooms) they kept an eye on everything ... Including when each guest returned for the night - they made sure everyone was safe before they'd lock up. The hotel is pretty, but for the price you can't see the beach and I didn't feel safe outside the hotel. They've taken great measures to make the place secure (double gated lock entry, spikes along the tops of the gates, video surveillance, panic button, etc), but it confirmed my intuition that it was a rougher part of town. Thanks for making our stay so nice and for all the activity and restaurant recommendations!

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic facial”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I booked a facial upon arrival which was just what I needed having arrived on honeymoon with a breakout! But the fantastic beautician made sure I felt confident again by the time I left.

Visited January 2014