“Amazing Calamari!!! ”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After been recommended this restaurant twice, we said we had to visit and it did not disappoint! We tried the calamari as appetizer which was unreal! Best ever had! Cooked to perfection! The waitress helped us choose a selection of fish to share! We had the kingklip, sword fish & angle fish! All were delicious! It was so good, we booked again for the next night which was also fabulous! Definitely worth a visit or two !

Write a ReviewReviews (3,505)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had heard about this restaurant situated at the upmarket Camps bay the other side of Cape Town Central and we drove frpm Central to there. It took abot 10minutes and we were there. To say we weremesmerised would be an understatement! There is no menu here as the fish is presented and explained to you and you have to choose your type and cut. I particularly liked the comfortable and warm service that we got from our friendly waitress. She has such knowledge of the food she makes you relax and feel that the process is neither daunting nor overwhelming. The food is divine and the wine legendary. I was amazed by its affordability notwithstanding the superior experience. See it to believe it, it's all I can say.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To be honest, the only reason I wanted to go here was because of the name. Showed up for a late lunch today and had an amazing meal. The staff were so helpful explaining how everything worked as this was a restaurant I’ve never experienced before. Got to pick out the fish I wanted and the size I wanted. I didn’t have to wait long before I was enjoying an amazing lunch

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Codfather is a great seafood restaurant located a few blocks from the Camps Bay beachfront. You walk to a glass case with your waiter and pick what fresh fish you want to eat. A fun way to select dinner. Seafood very fresh, well cooked and with good wait service. I suggest you first go to the beachfront and select one of many bars located there for a cocktail as the sun sets, then move on to Codfish.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wide choice from display cabinet, each selection weighed and priced accordingly. Excellent value. Always very busy.