“Enjoy a sense of relaxed occasion”
Review of Grand Africa - CLOSED

Grand Africa
Price range: US$10 - US$100
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cape Town's showgirl on Africa's ‘Miami Mile’ in Camps Bay, offers grandeur of a bygone era for locals and international travelers. Elegant simplicity is the setting with beautifully prepared cafe-style cuisine and an impressive wine list showcasing local South African and international wines, desirable Champagnes, Cap Classique and cocktails celebrating the magnificence of this beach setting. Grand Room, offering the ultimate in bare decadence crowns the famous Grand Cafe on the Strip in Cape Town's, Camps Bay.
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Set in a traditional environment with a beachside feel, the Grand manages to deliver a sense of relaxed occasion, in the style of a European Grand Cafe. The menu is presented as a daily news sheet, with a supplement for cocktails and wines. Although the menu is relatively short there are many variations within the dishes presented.

The staff are very knowledgeable and ensure you feel welcome. We loved the pasta vongole, made with wine, garlic and chives rather than a 'red' sauce. The wine list features many wines from the region. Is is a great bridge between the casual cafe's and high end eateries in Camps Bay, an affordable luxury.

1  Thank NickandEd

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We had excellent service here from good wine suggestions and great food. Nothing was too much of a problem. Thanks guys.

2  Thank 334,455,187,514
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The food here was great, but it was the service that sets The Grand apart! Patric and Grace were very welcoming and made me feel like a special guest on my first visit. I was traveling alone and was quite tired having just flown in to Cape Town. I chose The Grand because it was the closest place to my hotel. I had so much fun and enjoyed the food that I stopped in for night caps one night and went for dinner a 2nd night as well in my 6 nights in Cape Town! Each time I went back Patrick and Grace made me feel very welcome and were excited to have me back.

2  Thank nfriesen1
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I visited the cafe for breakfast on 4 May 2013. The setting is very nice and the service was good but I was very surprised and disappointed that their eggs are not free range. For an upmarket place like this I would expect it to act in an ethical, humane and responsible way and at least have free range eggs. Furthermore when I sent them an e-mail to complain abuot this I did not receive any response so very poor customer service. I won't be going back.

2  Thank Capeberg
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The extraordinary setting for the Grand makes up for the ordinary food and service. Having a meal at a table on the beach is just short of magical. Pity the food and service is not up to scratch.

2  Thank Sandra B