“Can NOT miss!!!! Devine luxury.”
Review of Azamare Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Azamare Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I usually wait to write a review after the experience is complete. But this time - I cannot wait. If you are looking for a luxurious place to stay - where attention to detail is important - where a hearty, yummy breakfast is served - where fine appointments are standard - and courteous, respectful hosts are a must -- then you can NOT miss this guest house. The pictures on the website do not tell the true story. It is even more beautiful and more unbelievable than a picture can capture. I came expecting greatness. I won't lie. My expectations were so high, I really had prepared myself for a small let down. But I was pleasantly surprised and blown away how fabulous it really is. I did 2 years of research to find the perfect place. I am very happy to know that my research paid off - as this is perfect. Everything is spectacular. Absolutely nothing else I could want. If you are on the fence about where to stay - search no more. I'm telling you - you won't be let down!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bridkoe2

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just wanted to write and say thanks for such a wonderful stay at this guest house. Nothing too much trouble. Jan has a fantastic sense of humour and the view from our room was absolutely stunning. We really enjoyed ourselves. Hope to be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rustonsue
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We were very pleasantly surprised with the size of our room after 'roughing' it on safari at Kruger!! It's more than a guesthouse, very intimate and relaxed. Out bathroom was enormous and room had a lovely view of the sea. The whole house is beautifully put together. Breakfast was incredible and wine and canapés in the evening was a really nice touch. The hosts were both very helpful and made us feel very much at home. Restaurants were a few minutes walk from the centre and we always felt very safe in the area. I liked that it was a little further away from the centre so was never disturbed by noise. Parking was not an issue at all.
Will be back again but next time will need to stay longer to explore more of The Cape.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Khyan
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Great guesthouse with wonderful views, big and spacious rooms located in a really quiet neibourghood, just about 20min drive from Cape Town Central. The staff is very friendly and available. Don't miss breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have never stayed at a guesthouse before and recently spent six nights at Azamare. Wowee, it is really quite luxurious and more importantly is spotless. My room was perfectly appointed and the sherry on the nightstand and nougat on the pillow were lovely touches, as were candles in the bathroom, complete with matches, even a converter plug, I have stayed in top hotels where the attention to detail has not been this thorough. Breakfast was plentiful, freshly cooked to order and an abundance of fresh fruits. Sundowners just what was needed at the end of the day, a really lovely idea that just welcomes you to sit down and enjoy. The location was calm and tranquil, perfect for me, off street parking and a gentle (well lit at night) walk into Camps Bay. Would I recommend and stay again, too right ...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mumof2NearLondon
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed only 3 days at the Azamare, but were absolutely impressed by the style of the guesthouse, the managers Jan and Frederik and the nice ladies of the staff. On a highest level with tipps and ideas how to spend our time, they were a good way to start your day with breakfast.

The guesthouse is absolutely clean and modern, very stylish, you can see all the way, that the house is kept with a loving hand.

Distance to town is just fine and even 2 beaches are close enough to walk. There is no need to worry about the main road running just in front of the door - we slept with open window and the sea was much more noisy than the street.

We would certainly prefer to stay at the Azamare again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank louishh
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Frederik the manager was very helpfull.beautiful sea view.and the rooms and hotel interior is very stylish and modern.breakfast was very good.thank you for the lovely stay..I would recommend this place for romantic couples who wants good value and personal attention

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank johanbeks
Azamare, Manager at Azamare Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for your kind and honest review and look forward welcoming you again on your next trip to Cape Town.

Have a lovely day.