“Upset stomach”

TUSCANY BEACH RESTAURANT
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Pretty certain this restaurant gave me a very upset stomach. I had been eating the same food for a few days and had been fine, decided to branch out and took a chance with Tuscany. Worse decision ever. Stomach bug. Their prawn and chilli soup is such a disgrace, so salty and too much going on for your taste buds. Could not even finish the soup and I hate to not finish food, especially given that there were car guards just metres away starving for food. The pasta was simply the cherry on top, with poor service in which the staff did not even look at you, let alone smile at you. Do not eat here unless you would like to be greeted with poor hygiene resulting in the rest of your trip just sitting on the toilet in agony.

1  Thank yourpandax
nigel n, Owner at TUSCANY BEACH RESTAURANT, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

We are truly sympathetic with your upset stomach but really think your being somewhat unfair just blaming the restaurant without any discussion or communication with us and then publishing your comments.
Firstly we do not accept that your illness originated from us ,with all due respect , we havent a clue what you ate that day , it could have been anything ,but more likely there is a very serious bout of a stomach bug going around in Cape Town at the moment . It comes on quite quickly and any chemist or doctor will confirm this .
The food you ate , many other customers ate from the same batch of prawns and soup and we have had no other complaints or phone calls.
The thai prawn soup is one of best sellers and it is very spicey and may appear a bit "salty " to some palates.
As the owner , im away at present , but my managers report to me having had no complaints on this dish or on service recently , its a pity you did not bring this to their attention as we would have sincerely resolved and rectified your complaint immediately to your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived just before sunset and were promised a table with a view. Our guide for the day Ryan Vanreenen made the res. when we were sat had a doubt but the staff rolled down umbrellas and rolled the awnings... Amazing view of the sunset! Spent three hours dining al fresco watching the sunset and the stars come out. A seamless experience! Unfortunately it has taken this long for me to post this, the entire staff was gracious and helpful in so many ways and so sorry I can't remember our severs name! Have the lobster any way they serve it! Oh and brought the watermelon martini back to the states! Yep put it on the ever annoying"specialty drink list"! Can't wait to return one stellar operation!

nigel n, Owner at TUSCANY BEACH RESTAURANT, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Guys , thanks so much for the great review , much appreciated and encouraging for all my staff here , see you all soon i hope
Nigel , owner

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I visited last week to make use of the buy one get one free offer. If I am to be honest, I find the prices here way over the top for what you get, irrespective of the special offer. What I really find ridiculous is if ordering a steak (i had fillet) for R130 you have to pay xtra for a side ...otherwise all you are presented with is a steak on a plate. C'mon...I have been to MANY steak houses and even more affluent ones in the winelands etc... but I have never had to pay xtra for chips with a steak. The steak itself was very good and my wifes mussels were average...nothing outstanding. Honestly....not saying won't return but you definitely do not get good value here.

I agree most steakhouses do include sides but whilst we serve a lot of meat we are not a steakhouse - but an Italian , Seafood, Mediterranean style Camps Bay , beachfront restaurant .
We separate our sides to give diners the choice to order or not , even to share a side dish, thus not paying for it if they dont want it..
I see you paid R130 for the fillet plus R22 for chips , thats R 152 inclusive , bear in mind that your partner dined free .
We run these 2 for 1 specials for 5 months over winter , mainly for our locals , i really do think that the R 152 you paid for 2 meals is pretty good value .
One thing i would like to add that at steakhouses in general , there are no specials offered .
You could have also ordered from our Special Winter Menu and had a steak at either
R79 for 200g or R99 for 300 g INCLUDING any side of your choice , but then the 2 for 1 would not apply.
Sorry , but either way i reckon thats a pretty good deal for our location where rents are extremely high in relation to normal suburban / town venues.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were unsure where to eat on our 1st night in Camps Bay and were just having a stroll along the "strip" when we were approached by a member of staff for this restaurant and asked if we would like to have a look at the menu.
He was a very amusing chap and after checking the menu,we decided to give it a try.
The food was delicious,service was good and the prices were extremely reasonable.A bottle of "Splattered Toad" wine complimented the meal and amused us with it's name and picture on the label!
Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank tobee888

Hi Tobee 888
Thanks so much for your great review and comments , it means so much to myself and my staff
when we see happy customers - thanks again
Nigel owner

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The service and food here was just average. I tried to order 4 different cocktails from their menu before finding one they actually had the ingredients in stock to make. I had to flag down our server repeatedly to ask for more drinks. The food was just average.

1  Thank Sam861