“Great specials during winter”
Review of ZENZERO

ZENZERO
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian flavor and style laced in Camps Bay Cool, resplendent with a splash of Kove Collection abundance. This is Zenzero. Zenzero wraps you shamelessly in 'La Dolce Vita' whilst gently caressing with a cool Atlantic breeze. Italian cuisine is all about fresh ingredients and homemade, full flavour. At Zenzero we pride ourselves on just this, the freshest ingredients with zesty, spicy and feisty touches. Alongside Zenzero's signature dishes and spirited vibe, an abundant selection of seafood, pastas and homemade desserts will surprise and delight any palate, through-out the year.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We traveled in May and were able to take advantage of a winter special that included a three-course meal and a bottle of wine. I was worried that with the tasting menu the portions would be small and artsy - but they definitely were not. The food was good, the value was great, and the atmosphere/views are beautiful. Our waitress was very nice and attentive.

1  Thank AshleyCVA
AlisonOPS2014, Operations Manager at ZENZERO, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your great review and we hope that you’ll come visit again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,353)

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We walked in, and I was impressed by the beauty of the restaurant. We were given a great table by the fireplace. I ordered a salad with my meal, asked for no avocado. It came with a lot of avocado and no egg. It was a simple misunderstanding. Not a big deal. My husband had also asked for a salad, expecting it to come with mine. However, the waiter thought he wanted it with his meal (not sure why as he didn't ask). But again, a simple misunderstanding. Not a big deal. A salad was brought out. Our seats, while nicely placed by the fire, was also close to TV. I was a bit surprised a nice restaurant would have a TV on (fighting - which I despise and do not feel is appropriate for such an establishment). And the staff apparently loves it because many were gathered around watching most of the time - as the restaurant was very empty. There was a table of 3 women the manager seemed very interested in and if I'm not mistaken, took them tequila shots "on him." They were across the room - completely on the other side but I heard the manager talking with them loudly, which was annoying. But the final straw for me was when the manager began fussing at his bartender for not knowing how to measure a "shot." It is very tacky to reprimand employees in front of customers. That should have been done quietly, in private.

A couple other reasons I rated this restaurant poor is the waiter brought me a knife, realized it was dirty, so he gave me a new knife (also dirty)...however, he put the original dirty knife that he recognized as being dirty - back in the "clean" drawer. That is unacceptable. And I also didn't get a refill on water until my glass had been empty quite some time. They charged my husband for 2 salads (since they brought one out to correct their error). They did fix it after I asked.

I was disappointed as this was recommended by our B&B. However, I will let them know of our experience.

The food was ok. Very average. Steak was tough. Pasta was decent, and I appreciated them adding chicken to it upon request. But there were too many things which occurred that gave it a "tacky bar" feel versus a fine dining establishment that I can't rate it any better.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your comments and dissatisfaction are completely justified and we take all feedback very seriously. We will most certainly investigate the issues that you have raised and take the necessary action to avoid a repeat of the poor performance of management and staff alike. Would you please email your details to ops@kovecollection.co.za so that we can get more information on the date that you visited our outlet to ensure that these performance issues are dealt with.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Great time at Zenzero. Gotta try the flat bread with smoke salmon & cream cheese. You will love! Service was also good. Great chilling place

AlisonOPS2014, Operations Manager at ZENZERO, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We hope you return soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a gorgeous restaurant, with great ambiance and fantastic views of Camps Bay Beach. However, it was not made clear that the food is Halaal Friendly so left for another restaurant. After learning that they are in fact Halaal friendly, I will be returning soon to actually sample the food.

For a more detailed review visit: http://kitchen.net/restaurants/listing/zenzero-restaurant

AlisonOPS2014, Operations Manager at ZENZERO, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We do not advertise our Restaurants as Halaal friendly as we serve Pork on our menu and use alcohol in the preparation of our dishes. We do however purchase our meat products from Halaal friendly butchers. I sincerely hope that this clears up any confusion and apologise that the subject was not clarified for you when you visited our restaurant.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The Restaurant was not even busy , the service was terrible , waiters seem to lack training , not an overall good experience , very disappointing :( Margarita cocktails were great however !

AlisonOPS2014, Operations Manager at ZENZERO, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we are very sorry you were disappointed. We take our customer satisfaction and service very seriously, please email ops@kovecollection.co.za with all the details of your evening so we can follow up with the staff on duty.